Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

Who ever rides one handed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009 | 08:22 PM
June 2011 ROTM
Default RE: Who ever rides one handed?

ORIGINAL: Munson

Hell, I ride no hands when coasting up to a stop light, and use the opportunity to practice moving the bike back and forth across the lane (you CAN steer a bike by leaning it, just not very quickly or accurately).

I usually keep both hands on the bars except when it`s cold I sometimes put my left hand on the engine to thaw out my fingers.
Ill take my left hand off and tuck it between my chest and the tank and hide behind the windscreen when its cold. Before I had a bike id give the guys I work with a hard time for not riding their bikes in when it was in the mid 40s to low 50s in the morn. I did it a couple times and I now know why they didnt do it. Id get to a red light and not want to get moving again

Old 01-23-2009 | 10:26 AM

Usually take one hand off on clear roads when crusing etc, and im guilty as well w the no hands approach once in a while to manuveur bike etc
Sometimes on long hwy trips ill simply rest it by my side or on the tank for a bit

Old 01-25-2009 | 09:59 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic
When do you ride with one hand , if ever ? what do your passengers think of that type of thing ??
I ride one handed alot. I personaly don't care whatmy passengersthink about it. If they don't like it they can tell their story walkin................troop it stooopid.Seriously though with passengers my wrists and hands get tired real quick especialy riding in traffic. I do it to be comfortable not to impress or annoy anyone.

Old 03-02-2009 | 11:47 PM

These bikes are so well balanced, one hand is a given to relieve fatigue, two hands off to check tire wear, suspension, whatever, no prob, either. Sorry the wife busts your chops about that. Does she ride? I can almost answer that myself, cause if she did, she wouldn't give you a hard time about it!

Old 03-03-2009 | 09:26 AM

I think almost everyone rides with one hand occassionally. Just for the pure fact that my wrists get tired and it feels good let my arm hang down for a sec. My G/F is pretty used to riding with me for now so she doesnt say anything.

Old 03-03-2009 | 01:48 PM

When on cruise control...yep usually ride with one hand and when wifee is on ..no complaints. It gives me a chance to kinda relax and stretch the wrists a bit..then hit the twisties again...lol

Old 03-03-2009 | 01:55 PM

Like most the others, I ride one handed a lot, only in light traffic.

Old 03-05-2009 | 12:16 PM

If I'm on a highway or an empty street I ride one handed all the time. I coast no handed to stop lights to stretch.

Old 03-08-2009 | 09:02 PM

I'll ride with one hand just to relax the arms and stretch the lower back. I never carry a passenger, so I am never bothered.

Old 03-18-2009 | 02:01 PM

if i am coming to a stop sign i usually take both hands off for a quick shake and a knuckle pop... straight lines one hand on freeway etc... usually hold my ladies hand or leg when in straight lines

Quick Reply: Who ever rides one handed?