Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

Which liter bike to buy (yes, I know I am on a Honda Forum)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which liter bike to buy (yes, I know I am on a Honda Forum)

Hey Guys (and girls),

So... my bike got stolen a couple of months ago and I haven’t been back to the forum since. At the time I thought it was a blessing in disguise (high interest, not riding much) but now I am pretty much losing my mind. I NEED another bike and I would appreciate your input. I have learned some things since I was a complete noobie when I bought my '04 F4i. That bike is a complete B*^$H to mod. Engine mods are few and far between, you can'tadd swing arm spools, I had to cut my plastics to add frame sliders... as all of you know, the list goes on forever. From the limited research I have done, I am bouncing between 2 bikes. EITHER 1000RR or R1 (please read the title of the post at this point) I really don't sway either way too much. Even though she was difficult, I loved myF4i, so I think I want to stay with Honda. But, I know the R1 is pretty popular, so I swing that way as well. Does anyone have any recommendations in regards to which one I should get or if there is another liter bike that I should be looking into as well? I am not looking to buy a new bike, maybe '03-'04??? I want only want to spend about $7,000. ANY input (other than flaming) would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin

Old 06-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Default RE: Which liter bike to buy (yes, I know I am on a Honda Forum)

not flaming. i hear the Yamaha's want to be on the track, and unless you're riding it that way, it's not great. i'd stay with honda, but then again i Bleed Honda Red

Old 06-16-2008, 11:22 AM

if you want to something to race and/or modify,buy a gsxr or a zx10.there is little to nothing available for a honda.look at it like this.the gsxr and the zx10 are comparable to a camaro or a chevelle,you can buy anything you want for them.the honda is like a dodge or plymouth,you gotta pull hens teeth to find it,then pay out the wazoo when you do.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:31 AM

From that era I too would have to agree on the GSX-R. There simply was nothing better. The 954 is a nice piece of machinery to be sure but just wasn't for me. (Did not own it, rode a friends often enough though) and the R1 of the same vintage was no match for a ZX-10/GSX-R. My friend has an 02 and 03 R1 and neither is a match for my 02 GSX-R 1000 (nor was my other friends 954). I have not ridden a ZX-10 but it is bad *** from a HP standpoint if less so on the track.
It all depends on what you want. A ZX-9R is nice if you have less track focus in mind. The GSX-R is amazingly comfy for what it is, and rails on the track.....I hated the 954 seat and it's tendancy to head shake when hard on the throttle anywhere (although I'm sure a damper would likely help that) and it was way down on power compared to a GSX-R of that time.
I'm not biased because I own one......I've ridden almost everything available at some point and owned plenty of Honda's all of which were awesome bikes, just a step below the others in performance.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Decisions, decisions ... I have an 04 1kRR and it does everything well. Especially corners.

Haven't played on the Yammie so can't put forth anything on that.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Honda is the most reliable and comfortable, suzuki the most track proven, the R1 looks the best and the ZX10 has the strongest motor but some of the worst suspension. I'd go honda unless you find a kick butt deal on a R1. Im not into suzuki or kawi.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:22 AM
Banned

I road most of the newer liter bikes now and I would pick rr as of right now or in the past then prolly a gsxr

Old 08-28-2008, 11:18 AM

depending on what your plans are for the bike, be it track time or daily driver, will help with your decision. Most of the liter bikes these days can be modified for comfort or aggressiveness...so for reliability, Honda and Susuki are good, for looks...in my opinion is Yamaha and Kawi's. I had an 06 R1 Raven (for about six days), some ******* ran me off the road and totaled it. It was one of the most gorgeous bikes I've ever seen...I wanted to cry when I saw it dead in the middle of the road. But....it happens, now I got my RC...which is another option to look at. There are very few v-twin sportbike options oout there, but if it suits you, you could probably find a decent used RC51 for under $7K.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a F4/i hard to mod????[sm=WTFsgign.gif]ya lazy or what?

RR all the way.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:10 PM

i believes you get wot u pays for Honda all the way for me...just bought a CB1300 yesterday and sold me cane...to old to av me ***** higher than me hands..been there done that...loved it...good luck...loads to choose from...that kinda $$$$$ you de boss till u part wiv the money...