Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

Cops stole my gixxer!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cops stole my gixxer!

Not really, but its official. I hate every god damn person on this planet. I hope the sun blows up and kills everyone. This is a long story about my gixxer getting seized.

My friend that I was going to sell my gixxer to that I bought from a guy who bought it through an auction house went to the dmv and got the bike checked out. I have the bill of sales from the auction house and from the previous owner. Well the vin number turned out to be stolen, big suprise there, but the bike was wrecked and sold through an auction house. This was yesterday when I found out that the bike was stolen.

So today, DMV people called me up saying they wanted to pick up the bike today. I was at work in a meeting, very important meeting I might add, and got this phone call from DMV. The DMV "officer" said he had to pick up the bike because it was stolen and said if I didn't comply, he would charge me for possesion of stolen goods and whatever its called... obstruction of justice. So I hanged up on him cause I was pissed off, that and I couldn't hear a damn word he was saying since I don't get recieption on my cell phone at work and turned it off till the end of the meeting.

I turned it back on and I have 3 voice messages from the guy saying that if I don't comply, he'll charge me. So I tried to call him back around lunch time, but he was only avaliable between 8am and 10am. I get a voice mail from some Raleigh police guy saying he was following up on a stolen bike lead and I also get another voice mail from the Apex police.

So I called the Apex Police officer but he wasn't avaliable at the time, but when I hanged up my phone, the DMV "officier" calls and I talked to him for real this time. He was the biggest ******* I have ever talked to in my life. He didn't even state his full name or that he was an officer, just said he was from the DMV and needed to pick the bike up. I tried to reason with him saying I have paperwork from the auction house, but he didn't care. I told him that I'll help him out with all the legal stuff with paperwork, but again he didn't care. He was going on like 50 times saying that he'll charge me for obstucting justice and some **** like that, threating me. I don't like to be threated. He said he wanted to check the bike's VIN number and to seize the bike, but I didn't want the bike seized just yet till I talk to cop. His attitude was totally not professional and he should quit his day job.

I kept tellin him, I'll help him out, but I have to talk to a cop first. So after 15 mins of not going anywhere, I told him I'm going to talk to the Apex Police and that was it and hanged up. The Apex cop calls me back and he was more of a down to earth guy that I could talk to and told him my situation that I was gettin hammered in the *** from some ******* about the bike. So I got off work early, ****ing basturds, went to my house and met up with the Apex officer and showed him the bike and bill of sales. Then two DMV "officers", bunch of ****** if you ask me, come over and really made me feel like I'm the bad guy that I should be hauled away. I just felt like I wanted to take my baseball bat and wack some reason into them. God damn idiots and ********.

So the officer and dmv ******* came over and showed me the dispatch of the vin number actually being hot, I was just pretty pissed off. This was around 1pm today. Not that its hot, but the fact that they were going to take the bike away. I tried to say that, why don't they just go through all the paperwork and store the bike here and exhaust all the options, but them ******* got even more pissed off saying that they'll if I don't settle down, they'll take me to jail. ****! WTF! Honestly. Its like I'm losing my baby here.

The good thing is that I had receipts for the parts I bought off the bike and gave them that and took off all my parts + some expensive momento's to remember the bike... All they got left was the frame, engine, subframe, tank, rear pla

Old 06-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cops stole my gixxer!

wow that sucks

Old 06-02-2006, 10:52 PM

Yes that really sucks! And of course they have to go and be accusatory to you from the get go!

Old 06-02-2006, 11:28 PM

Get your lawyer, and give those ****** HELL! you have more self restraint than I have. were it me, I woulda kicked that dude's *** and put his head on a pike attached to the bike just for being rude to me. I hate people like that. if they wont talk to me in a civil manner, and listen to what I've got to say, they can take their desk and shove it up where the sun dont shine.

Old 06-03-2006, 07:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JBaz, so sorry you wen't through that... does the auction house have a responsibility to "check" a vehicle for theft?
2 pc's, and tv, ok... but that expensive gas!!!!!!!
Remember what you liked about that appex cop?, a cool head. He sounds like a good role model thru this... consult a lawer, but DON'T go off, on the judge... or you'll end up w/ a new cast of charecters to regale...ketchup as a food group, sucks.
I can't help but think the auction, has a legal responsibility to run the vin. How was the bike originaly found/ picked up. some where/ time, the cops should have been contacted, before you got the "oppertunity"to bid, the gixxer, of nebulas origin. Hang in there... let us know how it goes... were all hope'n the best, through this, for you.
Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 06-03-2006, 08:02 AM

Man, what a raw f-ing deal. [:@]

Let us know how the rest of ths turns out.

Old 06-03-2006, 11:46 AM

holy sh*t JBaz... damn sorry to hear about that! i truly hope everything works out for you. definitely keep us posted.

Old 06-03-2006, 03:03 PM

Thanks guys. Yesterday just felt so unreal.

Well, since I was so pissed off yesterday, on the verge to kill some people. I decided to take a nice walk to cool off, even though it was raining. So I left my house in Apex, walked and walked, next thing I know, I walked 15 miles to my friends apartment in Raleigh in about 4 1/2 hours. He couldn't believed I walked that much. He gave me a 40, got drunk, and watched anger management. What an appropiate movie. I feel like forrest gump...

My friend that I was going to sell the bike to, his dad's a cop and he knows a few good lawyers so atleast I have a buddy to help me out with this ordeal. ****, I don't need this much hassle, I shouldn't have this much hassle. ****, I'm a ****ing Eagle Scout and the only bad things I've done has been minor traffic violations... I'm a model citizen and I comply with the law (minus some traffic violations). I do not want a freaking metal or anything, just some god damn respect when people talk to me. Is that too much to ask for from the DMV guy? This is why the world is so ****ed up now days. No honor and no respect to one's self and to others. This is why I like the Japanese culture because they have honor and respect in their society. The down side about that is its a dying practice. And we all know that the middle east have no respect, honor or even a culture anymore.

To compensate for this, I'm asking of donations of as much weapons and ammo to start WWIII. Korea, we know you don't have **** so I'm not taking anything from them. hehe

Old 06-04-2006, 04:35 AM

Unfortunately, that's what happens when you (however inadvertantly) buy stolen property. They are obligated to take possession of it; however, they are definitely obligated tgo be as$$oles about it - in their case the personality probably came before the job.
You definitely need to lawyer up for both cases - the ticket and the innocent purchase of stolen property. It seems grossly unfair, but somewhere out there is an owner mourning the loss of his "baby". You should probably file complaints to their supervisor about the 2 rude DMV guys.
Terry

Old 06-04-2006, 06:16 PM

the original owner who lost his gixxer got a theft coverage for the bike because its stamped onto the frame.

Quick Reply: Cops stole my gixxer!