Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

2008 Ninja 250 Good Idea or Bad Idea

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2008 Ninja 250 Good Idea or Bad Idea

Old 04-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks awesome.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:36 PM

I seen that pix yesterday and that does look HOT! That funky rear fender has to go also, but that bike will tuen heads in a good way-not the way the old 250R did LOL! Kaw really did make a respectable looking small bike for once.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:45 PM

Just a couple pics of our new 250R Ninja. I rode it for about 90km today. Its a great little bike.

Name:  ninja2.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  118.6 KB

Name:  ninja.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  124.2 KB

Name:  ninja3.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  110.3 KB

Old 04-03-2008, 07:53 PM

Wow, that black one looks pretty cool. I haven't been able to see a black one in person. As soon as the dealer gets em, they are out the door.

I have seen the other colors and they all look pretty good. I would have to go with the green and am waiting to see a black one.

I know that it is carburated, but just putting on a slip on, do you guys think that will require rejetting?

And looking at the stock can, can you remove the baffle? I saw allen head bolts that look like they can be removed and some rivets that look like they can be punched out.

Can you comment a little more on the performance. I saw a video of a guy punching it a little on youtube but I don't know if he wot it or not. Everytime I ask the dealership they say it has the acceleration of a 8 or 900 cruiser. Not that that would be a huge concern since it does 0-60 in 5. something seconds but am wondering how it is on the highway. I was out riding today and it was pretty windy. It feels like the bottom is going to slip out from under. You know what I mean. If this thing ways only 300 something I wonder how stable of a feeling it is under windy conditions.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:54 PM

Here is a post I did on a Kawi 250 forum:

Well, I feel like I can finally really post my feelings about this bike compared to a 600.

I got the bike back from some warranty work and rode it for about 3 hours today. Only did 90km despite the long time out. I stopped for lunch and to talk to a couple people. I had a nice variety of roads to ride on as well. I started in city traffic, went to a twisty back road, then onto a highway for a few exits to get a feel for cruising on it. This bike is a lot of fun. People were all looking and turning heads as I rode by. It has just enough pick up and go to keep me from being bored. It is MORE then quick enough for around town. I even looked down a few times and noted that I was doing 10 over the limit. Whoops. The bike REALLY showed its stuff once I went out to the semi-twisty stuff. I did not ride it very hard due to break in, but it sure did feel good. It felt like I could easily tear it up at an equal rate to my 600, just with more shifting. The last little leg I ramped onto a highway. Limit is 100km/h (60mph). The bike accelerated at a rate comparable to a decently quick 4 cylinder car. Think... Civic or Focus ish. Cruising at 100km/h, the revs hovered around 7k rpm. Not bad, another 6k rpm left for passing power. This bike could EASILY be suited for commuting. It was very comfortable and the riding position felt great. The motor gets a little buzzy and loud over the 7000rpm mark, but its not bad. If anything, I think the bike could use an exhaust. I feel like I was riding a stealth vehicle.

I guess, in comparison with a 600, this bike will EASILY do anything that I would ever do on my 600. Sure, the 600 may be a little smoother, and quicker to get up to ridiculous speeds, but this little 250 is just an amazing bike. It was VERY forgiving, never wanting to wheelie or misbehave unless I tried intentionally to do something. The clutch was easy and smooth to operate. It would be great for someone who is learning to ride a bike (my gf lol.). Braking isn't knife edge, but then again this bike shouldn't need it. It felt suffiecent and smooth for a single caliper. I noticed it has HH brake pads from the factory which probably helps.

Technically its my girlfriends bike, but I can see myself handing her the keys to one of our 600's, and I'll take the little green rocket. It left me with a smile across my face that the 600's don't do very often. Now that I have really ridden it, I would easily recommend this bike to anyone. It makes me wonder why other manufacturers don't release 250's and 400's more readily (*cough*honda!!!*cough*). People need to get over their ego's and learn that a 600/750/1000 is NOT NEEDED. This bike will provide just as much excitment and great looks.

Sorry If I am all over the place, I don't usually write reviews, and I didn't goto school for english/writing lol.

The only way you'll outgrow a Ninja 250 is ego-wise. I have a Ninja 650, and up until 3 weeks ago, owned a Hayabusa. Unless you are riding for ego, the 250 is the most fun bike I've ever ridden. I ride it over the 650 still, unless I'm riding 2-up with my wife. The Hayabusa was heavier, less flickable, and made me constantly look for the cops, because it was making me break the law all the time. Keep the 250 forever.
http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1145 <- A good read. About a guy who did a bike trip on the old 250.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:19 AM

You know come to think of it I was starting to have fun on the 07 250R that I rode last weekend, but I had to put it away since the owner had to go out of town.I may play with it some this weekend. I would never give up my F4 for a 250, but like I said before I would love to have a 08 Green one for a around town bike.

By the way the black one looks good in pix, but is not that great in person. I seen a red, green and black one at the same time and the green is the best and red is second.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:35 PM

Any regrets? Any mods? Anything new? I have to wait another week before my local dealer gets one in black.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:03 PM

my boys 2friends are waiting on delivery on there kawai 250's.. exactly what is the point of a 250 besides maybe a track bike to play around with? i don't really understand but +1 its a tight *** lookin bike

Old 04-10-2008, 12:13 AM

Easier learning bikes for certain newbs? I just want one because they look great and perform okay I guess and they're cheap. $4k otd for a brand new bike. And I won't be to worried leaving this in the parking lot anywhere.

But the new cbr1k is calling me.

Quick Reply: 2008 Ninja 250 Good Idea or Bad Idea