Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Your life can end in a second!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Your life can end in a second!

Thanks for sharing this. It can't hurt to be reminded every once in a while what a high-speed collision will do to a human body.

And I agree that it's a good thing that he hit a semi, rather than something more vulnerable.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:41 PM

time heals most wounds...
i know it gives you that lump in your throat, but trust me...it'll go away...and if you learn from it, you'll be a better rider!
be VERY aware of your surroundings...because when you go down...everything in your path is out to kill you...

Old 06-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow i am so sorry that you had to see that. I dont know who i would be if i had to see something like that. I dont even want to think about it. Guys please ride safe out there. I have been on this forum for two months and i have heard of so many accidents. Think before you do something that might end your life. Just ride safe guys!!

Old 06-14-2007, 04:51 PM

Wow is all I can say. It's sad that anyone had to see that happen, but at least someone may learn from it and be a bit safer next time. I know if I saw something like that I would be contacting a professional for advice. One thing I can't get out of my head right now is how you say what you saw affected you, but what must the driver of the truck be thinking?

Jaynd, you mentioned that what you witnessed was something you had caused. Do not think that way as the other drive was in the wrong by speeding. Had he not been speeding like that you would never have gotten hit and would have pulled out in the clear.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:00 PM

damn sorry to hear about that. Good reminder to drive safe and always keep your head on a swivel.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:48 AM

Geez, what a HORRIBLE scene you witnessed! It's rough when you see something so graphic.

For what it's worth, here's two bad memories I have...

1. Pedestrian struck and killed by a car in Scottsdale. Cops had just arrived and the female driver was in absolute hysterics. I didn't sleep well that night. That one haunted me for a while.

2. Guy in Boston changing his tire in the breakdown lane was struck by a drunk driver -- and he was on the passenger side! He ended up two lanes over and had a bloody sheet over him. His wife and kid were still on-scene and had witnessed the whole thing.

All I can say is...

[align=left]God bless the paramedics, E.M.T.'s, cops, firefighters, E.R. staffs, and counselors who deal with the grisly side of life and death on a regular basis.
[/align]

Old 06-15-2007, 05:45 AM

man, things like this happen everyday, but hearing it from someone who sees it first hand hits harder... sorry you had to witness it, try not to let it bother you... when you cant get it outa yur head listen to some loud music work out or run... big stress relivers...

Old 06-15-2007, 11:34 PM

Thanks for all the support, you guys have been a wonderful sound board for me [sm=thanx.gif]Also your advise about working out and running, so far has been the medicine I needed. Thanks again.

Old 06-16-2007, 04:28 PM

yah, i hate sounding like a health nut, the gym is not for me but killin stress is easy for me just going for a run... my motorcycle helps too but when im all PO i rather run POed than ride that way... one huge section of a class i just had last semester was about stress on the body... 99% of the ways to feel better involve physical activity, the other 1% was workin out the mind like chess and stuff, but really who plays chess these days.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:54 AM

I came across a bike accident about an hour after it happened....There's a straight highway called River Road that I take to work. Seems a guy with a fast sport bike on a straight stretch of pavement at three in the morning tested his fate...and didn't make it...He ran into the back of a pick-up and actually bent the bed up to the rear fender wheels...with a freakin' bike....Now, he has to be haulin' ***** in order to do this type of damage...anyhow, traffic is a crawl, and up ahead I see the rear part of the bike with the pipe just sticking up and the rear wheel...about ten feet away from that was the tarp covering his body...with his helmet and a few medical supplies right next to him...Needless to say he didn't make it...The whole area, about two fooball fields worth, had tiny pieces of crap just EVERYWHERE! Looks like a bomb just exploded...
This was a reality check for me to see this...Hope all of you stay safe.
Ron