Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Young and dumb

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont make fun of peeps bikes, my neighbor buys and fixes up mopeds, i dont care for them but he always has 3 or 4 in the middle of a total rebuild. Its his bag , and he has a total blast doin it and has made good money doin it. You shood cut people some space to be as stupid as they want, its not like it makes youi look bad....also to point out how awful someone rides and you just wrecked at the end of your driveway.?... give a little respect get a little respect.....simple

Old 03-05-2010, 01:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the defense of the young and dumb... I feel a bit sensitive to this only because it sounds almost like me (besides the 9 months not riding bit and giving a crap about the whole liter is better than a 600 bit). Last year was my first season, started on a 125, dropped it, got bored, moved to a 250 and dropped that thing, too. My first drop was over some mud as I was making a u-turn and my second drop was over some loose black gravel on a fresh paved road as I was a bit too aggressive on my front brakes. My latest bike is an R1. You know what? By most of the accounts that I've read on this forum, I shouldn't even be on a bike. But since when was anybody ever elected to a board that could determine my privelage to ride?

I've made the first headway this past week in growing into my new bike. I did a lot of squiddly bull**** last year on the 250, but now I don't start my engine if I'm not wearing all the gear I have, I don't split lanes, I sit patient for red lights, I keep it at low speeds on local streets, etc. I think the 250 to liter jump is feasible and I think that a person is capable of learning while spending time off of the bike. Hell, I can account for my improved riding simply by getting off the bike, sitting down, smoking a stog and thinking back to the day's ride or the hours I spent reading random books on riding technique. I don't know how often you rode with him, but maybe you don't know all the whole story?

And to tell you the truth, I still don't get the whole liter vs. 600 thing, they're both faster than most cars and both are capable of blowing the cap off of most fun-o-meters.