Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Dear Paypal, Sorry for being an idiot

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dear Paypal, Sorry for being an idiot

Wow, I have never come across a company with worse customer service than Paypal. I closed my past paypal account due to fraudulent chargers they were unwilling to help me fix. There were 8 bad chargers for which I was chargered an over draft charge for each from my bank. Paypal investigated and found them to be false. They did not do anything. They actually attempted to remove the money from my account 8 more times, even after admitting it was fraudulent. Thats 8 more overdraft chargers. That is all they did, no help at all. Lucky for me, Washington Mutual/Chase worked VERY well with me and returned ALL my money.

Anyway, I swore I would never open another account. I have since tried to buy things off ebay with money orders. This doesnt work well. I had to then go to my bank and get money orders cancelled and awesome stuff like that. I decided I would re-open an account because I REALLY wanted these rear sets off ebay.

Anyway, I opened an account and transferred money. The next day I made a payment to the company. Apparently in the fine print is says, you cant schedule a payment from your account until the transfer from your own account has cleared. So when I made the payment, it went ahead and charged my accound a second time. This is a special account I created JUST for the internet. It only had enough money for the items. So when they charged me again, guess what??? Another overdraft fee.

I called paypal and the customer service person, who spoke worse english than the guy in the Jack in the Box drive thru, transfered me to their supervisor. This jackass then proceeded to berate me for being an idiot. He was very rude and not helpful at all.

I called back later and spoke to a much nicer girl. She worked with me, but really could not do anything. At least she could speak english tho. So now, my transfer has gone thru. There is money in my paypal account. But my payment has been delayed for 13 days. AND, after this 13 days, they will attempt to take the money out of my back account and NOT out of my paypal account. I have to transfer the money back from paypal, a process that takes 5 days, and then wait for them to remove the money from my account AGAIN. Oh, and to have enough money, I have to pay the $33 overdraft charge.

You can believe me when I say, I will be cancelling my account when this is all over and NEVER opening a new one. Good job on the customer service paypal. Way to keep customers.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssweetbro
Wow, I have never come across a company with worse customer service than Paypal. I closed my past paypal account due to fraudulent chargers they were unwilling to help me fix. There were 8 bad chargers for which I was chargered an over draft charge for each from my bank. Paypal investigated and found them to be false. They did not do anything. They actually attempted to remove the money from my account 8 more times, even after admitting it was fraudulent. Thats 8 more overdraft chargers. That is all they did, no help at all. Lucky for me, Washington Mutual/Chase worked VERY well with me and returned ALL my money.

Anyway, I swore I would never open another account. I have since tried to buy things off ebay with money orders. This doesnt work well. I had to then go to my bank and get money orders cancelled and awesome stuff like that. I decided I would re-open an account because I REALLY wanted these rear sets off ebay.

Anyway, I opened an account and transferred money. The next day I made a payment to the company. Apparently in the fine print is says, you cant schedule a payment from your account until the transfer from your own account has cleared. So when I made the payment, it went ahead and charged my accound a second time. This is a special account I created JUST for the internet. It only had enough money for the items. So when they charged me again, guess what??? Another overdraft fee.

I called paypal and the customer service person, who spoke worse english than the guy in the Jack in the Box drive thru, transfered me to their supervisor. This jackass then proceeded to berate me for being an idiot. He was very rude and not helpful at all.

I called back later and spoke to a much nicer girl. She worked with me, but really could not do anything. At least she could speak english tho. So now, my transfer has gone thru. There is money in my paypal account. But my payment has been delayed for 13 days. AND, after this 13 days, they will attempt to take the money out of my back account and NOT out of my paypal account. I have to transfer the money back from paypal, a process that takes 5 days, and then wait for them to remove the money from my account AGAIN. Oh, and to have enough money, I have to pay the $33 overdraft charge.

You can believe me when I say, I will be cancelling my account when this is all over and NEVER opening a new one. Good job on the customer service paypal. Way to keep customers.

Ok, just to make sure I'm getting all this right.

You have previous dealings with paypal and were unhappy with the service so you cancelled the account. Reopened some time later to make a single purchase.

When you made said purchase you failed to read the fine print and ended up trying to initiate a balance transfer from your bank account to your paypal account AND tried to make a puchase with a balance transfer. Both actions were for the same amount and added up to a total of twice the amount you had in your bank account. Paypal tried to follow through on your order which resulted in a hold on your payment due to an overdraft AND an overdraft charge from your bank. Yet you feel that paypal is responsible for the overdraft charge....

While its kinda a rough deal ($33 isn't the END of the world), Paypal followed your instructions exactly. Your instructions were flawed because you didn't understand how the system works and therefore caused the problem. Seems to me that you need to make a habit of reading the fine print and making sure you understand what the consequences of your actions will be before you make them. Blaming paypal for this hardly seems appropriate.

Just my 0.02 though and I could have misunderstood the situation.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:32 PM

Never attach a bank acct to Paypal, use a credit card.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Never had a problem with Paypal, unlike problems I've had with some of the sellers on e-Bay, who send the wrong stuff or don't send it at all. I would never attach a bank account to Paypal it's too dangerous. Use a credit card. I've done 220 transactions with no problems and I'm a loooooong way away.
My 2c worth.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:08 PM

I have a bank account and a CC tied to Paypal - if there isn't money in the bank account it goes to the CC.

Either way, I try to use the CC because then you have double coverage in the instance of a "situation". I am trying to transition over to buying everything on my CC because of the comfort level it provides. EXAMPLE - About a month ago I had about 5 or 6 bad charges on my card, called them up and told them they were fraudulent - GONE in about 5 minutes. About a week later a couple more came on, I called and told them they were not legit, they cancelled the card and sent a new one which arrived about 3 days later - problem solved.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had nothing but 150% helpful customer service from paypal. Twice they've reversed charges and credited me. And one of those times it was my own stupid fault Have the bank account tied to it with a back up CC and it works flawlessly. Sorry you had issues but I loves da paypal

Old 03-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only big issue I've had is when sum dipshyt decided he wanted to back out of a deal and wanted his non-refundable deposit back. That account is still locked up and he still isnt getting his $$ back!!!

Old 03-03-2010, 10:29 PM

Everytime I talk to them about them delaying a deposit (after the 5 days) they tell me its in the federal exchange somewhere. But the money isnt in my bank accnt, nor my pp account. So its floating in mid air somewhere. I hate it, but have to use it. I had someone with their CS call me a F-in moron, so I had some few choice words called back talked to a supervisor and raised hell. They told me he was repremanded, but I dont care. I felt better afterwards.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had nothing but 150% helpful customer service from paypal. Twice they've reversed charges and credited me. And one of those times it was my own stupid fault Have the bank account tied to it with a back up CC and it works flawlessly. Sorry you had issues but I loves da paypal
Yep, me too. Exactly like that.
I've had over 300 paypal transactions without a single hitch (knock on wood). I've only had to contact CS once over something stupid, but they handled it w/ no issue.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:48 AM

Hahaha...this is NOTHING. You should see all the business on another forum I go on that just got raped by paypal.

This isn't a new breakthrough...there are lawsuits 10 miles long against paypal. Their user agreement is BULLITPROOF though. You will never win versus paypal. All that keeps happenin though is people just say...nothin happened to me yet...I like it.

Well, wait until a buyer that knows how to work paypal works you over and paypal tells you where to stick it. If a buyer knows paypal, you can scam sellers from here until the end of time and paypal fully protects them doing it.

Quick Reply: Dear Paypal, Sorry for being an idiot