Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

You might be a biker if..........

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: You might be a biker if..........

When it's 25 degrees outside and you're about to leave for work, you look outside and see your bike, and then your car with a nice toasty warm heater. Without much of any thought, you throw on your leathers, warm gloves, a head sock, and ride out

When the first thing you do in the morning before even getting out of bed is go online to check the weather

When you go to the store to buy some stuff, and instead of just taking your car, you think "ok which bag/backpack do I need to take to fit what I'm going to buy"

^^^ guilty on all counts... everyday. I've only been at my new job a month and everybody already thinks I'm a nutcase, hahah

The above can also be substituted for rain as well

Old 12-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might be a biker, if your happy the weather forecast says "No Rain predicted" even though the entire country is in the worst drought in recorded history.

Might be a biker, if, one Saturday morning you go into town to get a new set of bike tyres & come home with a new bike, then try & convince your wife that your actually "Saving Money".

Might be a biker, if, the amount of money you spend each year on "Bike Magazines" would be enough to get a third world country out of debt.

Might be a biker, if, you pointlessly spend hours in mens stores, looking for PJ's with a motorcycle motiff.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

When it's 25 degrees outside and you're about to leave for work, you look outside and see your bike, and then your car with a nice toasty warm heater. Without much of any thought, you throw on your leathers, warm gloves, a head sock, and ride out

When the first thing you do in the morning before even getting out of bed is go online to check the weather

When you go to the store to buy some stuff, and instead of just taking your car, you think "ok which bag/backpack do I need to take to fit what I'm going to buy"

^^^ guilty on all counts... everyday. I've only been at my new job a month and everybody already thinks I'm a nutcase, hahah

Oh, man--that's me!!!
I rode to church on Sunday, it was 20 degrees[&:], and supposed to snow that afternoon. Everyone thought I had lost my mind. . .no one understands. . .

Old 12-03-2007, 09:47 PM

ORIGINAL: bikerboy

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

Oh, man--that's me!!!
I rode to church on Sunday, it was 20 degrees[&:], and supposed to snow that afternoon. Everyone thought I had lost my mind. . .no one understands. . .
+3 man lol and +1 on the riding with friends.

you might be a biker if you look at gas prices and only see the premium price.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:13 PM

you might be a biker if the first question at a job interview is: what kind of bike do you ride?
(and yea, the bike def. helped me get the job...and its a web job...and almost everybody rides!!)

and going off pacemaker's contribution:
when the forcast calls for rain, and you're the only one in the office that says 'damnit', and mean it. (yea, really happened. shoulda seen the looks some girls gave me...)

you might be a biker if you wake up at 5 to ride to work...and you don't have to be at the office til 8, and it only takes 15 minutes to get there....

Old 12-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you might be a biker if you occasionally hang your head out of your cage just to get that wind in your face sound

Old 12-03-2007, 10:31 PM

you might be a biker if you dont show up to work in a leather jacket and helmet in hand and people ask you how you got to work.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:44 PM

ORIGINAL: JonBrown
you might be a biker if you look at gas prices and only see the premium price.
+1 on the gas!

You might be a biker if it takes you 5 hours to make a 15 minute trip for milk.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dluv35

you might be a biker if you dont show up to work in a leather jacket and helmet in hand and people ask you how you got to work.
Guilty!! [8D]

Had our parts guy at my old job all confused one day when my bike wasn't there. He gave me the weirdest look and asked "well how'd you get to work??". When I told him I drove my car, he gave me another weird look and said "OH!.... I didn't even know you had a car!"

Another guy at my new job, it turns out he lives on the same street as me about 1/2 mile down the road (our work is 32 miles away... kinda funny coincidence). But he offered to let me ride with him since it's getting cold... I guess he didn't know I have a perfectly good car, hahah

Old 12-03-2007, 11:20 PM

You might be a biker if...

...you look for the most deserted parking space around, even if it's six miles away from the store entrance.

...you laugh at people on scooters--then stop for a second and wonder if Pirelli Diablo Corsa III's come in a 110/90ZR10

...you're walking through the mall, and as you catch the eye of that pretty blond that just went by, instead of turning your head, you look down and slightly to the left--where your mirrors should be

Quick Reply: You might be a biker if..........