Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

you know whats scary?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you know whats scary?

People who drive. I manage a carwash and everyday i'm amazed of how many people can't do "neutral foot off the break." People put in in reverse,drive into the wash, foots always on the brakes. Everyday i get about 5-6 of em and it scares me they drive on the roads when I am.

Old 09-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Default RE: you know whats scary?

Don't know about the USA, but over here the worst drivers are women...hands down. They are easily distracted, I find. Not only that, they don't read the road well, do not know what a lane is (probably think it's just decoration for the road..."oh what pretty white lines they painted on the tarmac" and they don't care about anything that goes on 5 feet in front, to the side or behind them. Then you have the Paris-Hilton wannabes who insist on putting make-up whilst at start-stop traffic. Oh...and they can't park worth a tuppence.

I've been a professional driver for over 10 years...so I should know....

Old 09-16-2006, 11:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Hackney

Don't know about the USA, but over here the worst drivers are women...hands down. They are easily distracted, I find. Not only that, they don't read the road well, do not know what a lane is (probably think it's just decoration for the road..."oh what pretty white lines they painted on the tarmac" and they don't care about anything that goes on 5 feet in front, to the side or behind them. Then you have the Paris-Hilton wannabes who insist on putting make-up whilst at start-stop traffic. Oh...and they can't park worth a tuppence.

I've been a professional driver for over 10 years...so I should know....
no offence bro but didnt you say that you werent going to be on the boards anymore cause of all the arsehat stunters that raise you7r insurance????

Old 09-16-2006, 11:54 AM

Yes...but I wrote that post before the one saying I wasn't going to be here...just venting. Had a row with the g/f about not getting the bike. She has a point...but not my fault if mens hobbies cost more then womens. Shoes don't cost as much as a bike...she says. [&:] Oh well....been psyching myself about getting a bike for 6 months. Allow me to be SLIGHTLY PISSED??? [:@]

Old 09-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hackney, pizza delivery doesnt qualify you to be a professional driver, and maybe your insurance is so high, because people like you buy brand new bikes without knowing how to ride and destroy them, and tell your girlfriend to stop calling me, im not interested

Old 09-16-2006, 03:37 PM

back to the subject at hand I agree some people should not even be allowed to walk let alone operate a ton of sheet metal. I was at the dmv at the begininng of the year to get my endorsment and there was an older guy in front of me id say 55 60 somewhere in there and all he wanted was a state id not a drivers license. They guy behind the counter argued with hi for like 20 minutes. Oh no sir you need a drivers license even if you dont use it just so you can have it and blah blah. I was thinking what the hell is this country doing that we force people who shouldnt drive to drive. Makes no sense to me. Thats like my mom, she is 51 this year and she can still drive probably better than me in a car but she doesnt because she has a problem seeing bikes and smaller objects. That maybe only because her son rides and she dont want to kill me but at least she is smart enough to stay off the road.

Old 09-16-2006, 07:28 PM

I tell ya what most drivers scare me... during the summers I supervise an asphalt paving crew, and we do all sorts of various road work from interstates, to highways, city streets and parking lots. There are two types of drivers that scare me the most:

1) Soccer moms and their tank-minivans. I am not sure what it is about getting a mini-van (because I do appreciate the milf soccer moms), but it seems like they can go anywhere they want to, this includes driving the wrong way down one way streets, much less failing to yeild to stop signs.

2) Old people <-- they are the worst. I remember two years back we were paving a local grocery store. We had done one half the day before, and were in the process of doing the area in front of the pickup lanes for groceries. I know I had over 50 cones and at least 20 10' barracades setup to detour people around, this doesnt include hundreds of yards of caution tape between everything. Well didnt matter, this old woman in her Buick Regal was going to get her groceries come hell or high water, because her she comes at about 5-10mph with barracade tape across her bumper dragging two barracades across the parking lot.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: telgren

2) Old people <-- they are the worst. I remember two years back we were paving a local grocery store. We had done one half the day before, and were in the process of doing the area in front of the pickup lanes for groceries. I know I had over 50 cones and at least 20 10' barracades setup to detour people around, this doesnt include hundreds of yards of caution tape between everything. Well didnt matter, this old woman in her Buick Regal was going to get her groceries come hell or high water, because her she comes at about 5-10mph with barracade tape across her bumper dragging two barracades across the parking lot.

I think we need to have a driving test made mandatory for people that hit a certain age. Than they could see how they are driving in normal conditions and flunk them accordingly.
There are just some people that dont need to be driving anything at all.

As for the soccer moms. I had a soccer mom that drove a firebird in town with her kids in back. She had her convertible top down along with the windows down and 2 kids in the car. Anyways, she tried merging into my lane. I beeped the horn a little and she didnt even budge. I ended up kicking her door and scarring the crap out of the kids before she realized I was there. Than I yelled for her to watch where the hell she was going.

Really ticked me off.

Than I was sideswipped by an old guy in a full size truck.

Another old guy backed up into my explorer in walmart parking lot and claimed that I was "pulling a fast one on him" I was like, your a f*cking idiot. There wasnt a big A$$ dent there earlier. Im still waiting to get back at him. Only because he was a dick when we were there. If he would have been nice about it than I wouldnt be taking further action.

Another time I about had a guy T-Bone me because he was going to run a red light.

And another time an old lady in an old sunbird hit me in the rear at a stop light. Than when I got out she sped off down and alley. (I would have caught her but a stupid A$$ cop pulled up and stopped me from taking off because he wanted to know what was wrong. Than I told him she went down the alley and he just sat there. I was like "F*cking move your a$$ and go get her. Shes driving a red sunbird." He just kinda took off real slow. I was like "What a f*cking idiot."

Old 09-18-2006, 06:51 PM

my Grandmother in law is 92 in decent health and she just had her liscense re-instated shes in arizona, and those liscenses are good for 44 years. I **** you not, 44 years!