CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

scary but fun

Old 09-26-2006, 06:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scary but fun

took my 94 f2 out this past weekend riding with some friends. one of them had a 06 600 RR and the other on an 06 gsxr. it was raining slightly but we decided to take the bikes out anyway. i was very impressed with my bikes ability to keep up with these much newer and much more powerful bikes. we went over a mountain going from VA to West VA and i got some confidence to lean pretty far over around some curves. the roads were a little wet so i was still pretty careful about it. what a great ride though.

now for the scary part. after coming back into VA we were whiping around some back roads pretty quickly, i was leading. the rain started to pick up a bit so we werent riding carelssly. out of no where around a turn there was a stopped semi in the middle of the road with a few cars behind it. i got on the front brake hard and it locked up! i released it and slammed back on it and the rear brake trying to stop in time. the fron locked up again (not sure about the rear maybe it did too but i was focused on the front one as its more powerful). anyways, i almost ran into the back of the car in front of me, but swerved across the double yellow just in time. luckily i could see that there was no one coming towards me in the other lane.

i got scared pretty bad but i was also impressed with myself to control the bike in a crisis situation. it could have ended very badly and i definitley got lucky. i dont think im gonna be doin much riding in the rain from now on, haha