Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Is you bike small to you now?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is you bike small to you now?

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

ORIGINAL: Rubicon on 38s

ORIGINAL: oreo
The 1k repsol is sexy as hell, and has bragging right allritght but I still think the power of a1k is exesive for the street. The 600 is plenty fast for me, and comfortable too.
I strongly disagree.

Your newer 600 has excessive power for the street. They can hit the highest speed limits in the country in first gear.

I mean isn't excessive power the point of a sportbike?

Anyways, however much power is used on the street comes down to the rider not the bike.

And a 1000 is actually a better "street only" bike because it has enough torque that you don't have to rev it like crazy to get going. Which in turn puts excessive power to the street.

I disagree with that.

ex ninja 250 rider
Which part don't you agree with?

A stock 07 600RR should be right around 70 mph @ redline in first gear.

Yes, superbikes are designed, engineered, and built for excessive power.

Whether or not a superbike goes speeding down a public road is up to the rider, not the bike or how much power the bike has.

And I believe a 1000cc's torque makes it better for all around street riding. Although this might be a slightly subjective topic, it would be hard to argue that a 600 is a more streetable bike. Better canyon carver? You bet. Lighter, more agile? Of couse. But for daily commuting I'd say the 1K is king.

Let me ask why you moved up to a 600? Most likely for more torque and more power right? A 1000 is the same thing. Now I've heard many people say "my 600 is enough speed for me". Well, a 1000 barely goes any faster than a 600. All modern bikes have a 188 mph governor. A 1000s main advantage over a 600 is not horsepower but torque. And when it comes to street riding and commuting the advantage is huge.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:49 PM

I could always flat foot my bike so i never seemed that big to me. I saw some guy on a RR the other day who was probably around my height (6'1) and he definately looked like a gorilla on a scooter. I think all the bikes feel the same to me since I'm taller than a Japanese person.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, my bike is just right, but when I get on board my mates GSX1400, that thing seems huge, but when I get back on mine it feels like one of those little clown bike you see at the circus. Only last's for a while though.
It felt weird riding his previous bike, a cruiser, felt like I was going to roll of the back of the seat everytime I hit the ponies. Wots really weird though is the difference between two bikes the same, friend had a CBR600, same year, but felt way different.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:40 AM
Banned

I think at first my bike felt like a small 'contraption', the F4i was my first bike. Now it really does feel just right (about 2 years 10,0000 miles), once in a while I check out the Harleys or Victorys and wonder why they are so BIG. I rode the 1000RR and it seemed a little smaller than the F4i, but I guess the stabilizer does its job because it tracked light a freight train but at slow speeds it felt light, very nice bike, but the power is just overkill, simply too much for me to ever really see myself need/wanting to get a 1000 sportbike. I kinda like the feeling of the 600 gainings revs and then getting in the powerband, I can do that almost anywhere, the 1000 was just so fast all the time, I never got that feeling so it really was just to powerful for me and where I ride. I get the same feeling in my Corvette (1970, 454/390) it is always being held back, kinda dopey for around town.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:29 AM

My F3 use to feel like it was the right size for me but now that I use it as my primary mode of transportation I would really like something bigger. Maybe a 1k or something. I do really like how the zx12 feels. What was really funny is when I got on my bmx bike for the first time since I bought my F3. I have riden bmx for about 11 years and my bmx bike always felt like it was the right size. When I got on it now, holy ****! I felt like a clown riding one of those tiny bikes through a loop. It felt so unstable and weird. I definitly need to either start riding bmx more often or just sell my bmx bike so I can afford a bigger streetbike.