Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Working Out

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 06:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So different than this guy who looks like he is about to pop.
Not diggin what Shawn Ray accomplished?

I think the other guy is Reg Park. but not 100 percent sure.

congrats on sticking with it.!! Im heading back myself starting today. Gonna be a long couple of weeks dealing doms.

I still think Arnold in is prime was the best there was. He was huge, but it looked almost natural, even though it wasn't. He would be extremely small by today's standards, but still one of the all time greats in my opinion.

Oh, if you haven't seen it yet, rent pumpin iron. Its a documentary with Arnold as he preparred for the olympia. Its got some funny stuff too. But if you want motivation, that movie should do it for you, even if you don't want to get as big as he was.

Attached Thumbnails Working Out-arnold-schwarzenegger-roids3.jpg  

Last edited by justasquid; 09-14-2010 at 06:34 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:31 AM

One of my favorite parts from that movie... Plus, Arnold smokes a fatty at the end of the movie...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO0w23lcBng&feature=fvst

Old 09-14-2010, 09:39 PM

hahahahaha no wonder he likes it

Old 09-14-2010, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by justasquid
I still think Arnold in is prime was the best there was. He was huge, but it looked almost natural, even though it wasn't. He would be extremely small by today's standards, but still one of the all time greats in my opinion.

Oh, if you haven't seen it yet, rent pumpin iron. Its a documentary with Arnold as he preparred for the olympia. Its got some funny stuff too. But if you want motivation, that movie should do it for you, even if you don't want to get as big as he was.
I agree. I think he was around 230 lbs competition at 6'3", Ronnie Coleman is/was 285 at 5'11", so ya small by todays top pros. Arnold still looked better hands down.

Pumping Iron is an awesome movie, one of my favorites.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:57 PM

jpanside, hows the progress? Any updates?

Old 12-05-2010, 01:06 AM

Rocket, I was about to ask the same question. If he is following what you said then in the couple of month he should have some progress in muscle build. I'm getting back into it as well. Started two months ago bit got my daughter in daycare and was suppose to pick her up after work. Found out I have about an hour and half I can actually use before getting her so I'll be at the gym for an hour after work for now on. Miss working out that is for sure.

Old 12-05-2010, 05:40 PM

Miss working out that is for sure.
I hear ya on that one. I hate missing workouts for w/e reason.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Update now im 6ft I was 150 when I started in July now Im 170 and have some real nice results

Old 12-24-2010, 06:59 PM

Shiet, my bad rocket and still love you. I have been at it since my first post. No real big gains but I'm getting pretty cut. my 6 pack is better than bruce lee's (I kid no one can beat that man).

Name:  163007_113334118738815_100001866814386_107072_6314016_n.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  28.1 KB
Name:  164735_113334105405483_100001866814386_107071_5014581_n.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  26.5 KB

up close
Name:  Photoon2010-12-24at15032-1-1.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  40.3 KB

Everyday I go lift.

Day 1:
Back and Bi
Day 2:
Chest Tri
Day 3:
Shoulders and Traps
Day 4:
Entire lower body

What I eat:
Whole grains, rice, chicken, pork, beef, pasta, etc. I carry a big jug of water as well.

Since I pretty much go everyday I only do 3 sets of each muscle group. 12 reps each. I also switch up the reps for kicks. Sit ups every day. I don't try to kill myself because I need some NrG left for the next day.

Ever since rocket and the rest of you guys started me along, I feel addicted to working out. I feel like crap when a day goes by and I haven't lifted. I have learned many many exercises and I have finally gotten out of my initial weight of 120 and onto 135 (5'11). I will continue to lift for the rest of my days as it calms my mind and I am simply a more healthy being. I used to have no definition anywhere but now I have a few more shadows. It doesn't look like much but for me it is quite a lot. I'll keep posting and keep giving me more advice please!

Last edited by jpanside@gmail.com; 12-24-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:30 AM

15lbs is a great achievement. keep up the good work man.

I would however suggest you try one thing. Take a month, and rest more. I know its extremely hard to do it when you first start out, but trust me, you will see better results. Lift a little heavier, and rest more often. I really feel your working out too often. Your body really needs a day to recover, and with that recovery, comes growth. If that recover day doesn't happen, the growth is much less.

Take your shoulder day and leg day and put them together. that way you have a 3 day cycle. But workout every other day. I honestly think once you see your gains go up in only a month, you will stick to that routine. Oh, and no abs everyday. You can do abs on your non rest days, but don't do anything on your rest days. They are rest days for your body to recover and grow. Your abs are muscles too, and they recovery as well. I think what your experiencing right now is with everyday of working out, your body is rock hard, but its not recovering. If you miss a day, you will fee a little softer, but trust me....... you;ll grow with rest. Your body constantly has that pump because its constantly working. Especially your abs, since nearly all movements involve your core abs muscles.

The only thing I would say though if you do try more rest days, is make sure your days in the gym count. Go to failure, really go all out and do the most reps you can. Don't get set in the mind of 10 reps. Its fine to pick a weight that you can do 10 with, but if you do 15 before failure, do 15. Don't get that mental block that 10 is the number you need.

Another 15-20lbs of muscle and your going look huge!!

Your diet looks great, without knowing portion size, but the food itself is exactly what you want.

Im certainly not nickpicking. Your results are fantastic, and I truly mean that. But I really think if you try more rest days, you will see better results. After all, this is going to be a life long endevour.... you might as well try all aspects and see how it all comes together.

Quick Reply: Working Out