Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Working Out

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 07:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 08-25-2010, 12:03 PM

straight up bruce lee

Old 08-28-2010, 04:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright. I'm now a huge fan of the OT section because I found this thread.

I'm on a site called ChicagoZ as well, and I think we have like a 1600 post count going in ours? lol.

Anyways saying tall skinny people can't gain is crap. Also, as far as size goes, I always tell my friends, "Size doesn't equal strength" They kinda think I'm blowing smoke until I just destroy them in a friendly competition.

But lets keep this going! I really like to see other skinny people's workouts, lol. I thought I was small, but after seeing what you guys got, I don't feel that way. I'm 6' @ 155lbs. and 6.5% body fat.

I think every time you post you should address a specific question, or muscle group, that way it's not just "OH, someone tell me how to gain weight and muscle" That's just nonsense and repetitive stuff you could learn just by googling.

I do have a bone to pick with rocketsauce however. You say you're taking in 330+ grams of protein a day? The rule of thumb is you need 1 gram of protein per kg of body weight. I try and ingest 70-80 a day, with about 90 on a heavy work out day. You mean to tell me you weigh over 600 pounds? While I understand you CAN, and MAY take that much, you're wasting money if you are, and it's literally going right into the toilet.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:53 AM

[QUOTEThe rule of thumb is you need 1 gram of protein per kg of body weight][/quote]

that is a great starting point for someone who in inactive. If your active, cutting or bulking, it will be different. Also, the the usual rate is gram per lb of lean body mass. Your lean body mass is around 145. The general rule that I have always followed is this.. inactive. .6 grams per pound of lbm. Active.. 1 gram per pound of lbm. Bulking or cutting... 1.2 grams per pound of lbm. Basically, by the method I've always used, your only at your inactive level of protein consumption.

I agree 330 may be on the high side. but 70-80 is way on the low side if you want to build muscle mass.

But again, everyone is different. If 70-80 is allowing you to add muscle and size, then your on the right track. But I can't see how that little amount of protien could be even close to enough.

Last edited by justasquid; 08-28-2010 at 06:59 AM.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Zero1080
I do have a bone to pick with rocketsauce however. You say you're taking in 330+ grams of protein a day? The rule of thumb is you need 1 gram of protein per kg of body weight. I try and ingest 70-80 a day, with about 90 on a heavy work out day. You mean to tell me you weigh over 600 pounds? While I understand you CAN, and MAY take that much, you're wasting money if you are, and it's literally going right into the toilet.
I've never seen it in kg only lbs, and what I've read is anywhere from 1 -2 g per LB of lean mass. 70-80 is way too low for someone trying to put on some lean mass. Now, as far as my numbers, 330 is about right for ME and MY goals. As you know, what works for me may not work for others.

Also, its hard to get the amount of calories I need in a day if I dropped my protein intake to around 80 a day. On my highest 2 days of the week (back and legs) during my bulking routine I take in 330g protein, 375 carbs, 85 fat. Thats a grand total of about 3800 - 3900 cal. Obviously I did not start eating like this when I first started lifting. As I've slowly gotten bigger I've had to start eating more as my calorie requirements have gone up. Also, my lifting has become more intense as I've gained experience.

Old 08-28-2010, 04:54 PM

Alright, fair enough. I don't ingest that much protein, because I'm more concerned with caloric intake. To be able to gain weight, and subsequently mass, I need to take in over 4600 calories a day. Right now I'm not even consuming 2000. It's very tough with my lifestyle to eat that much. However my goals aren't size as so much strength. So I eat in proportion to the workout.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:36 PM

Zero I'm not sure what your job is but 4600 is really high for someone who weighs 155, unless you work a job such as construction, 4600 seems a bit aggressive. I found an online calculator that seems fairly accurate that I can post up when I get home, typing and searching on a droid is a pain in the @ss.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Old 08-29-2010, 04:14 PM

Ah, well, I used something that wasn't automatic, so I can guarantee I messed something up. My math skills die after basic addition

It's still saying I need 2900 for maintenance. So even more for lean gains. Thanks!

Old 08-29-2010, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by rocketsauce035
hahaha i know how that feels
i am seriously the skinniest guy in my gym. no wait, skinniest human. skinnier than all the chicks.

i've been drinking muscle milk and eating as much as I can. Chicken, fish, and eggs.

1. But do I stuff myself? Until my stomach is brim full?

2. Can I workout my abs everyday? I heard they heal the fastest.

3. Will Creatine help me a lot?

4. My posture, from playing video games (hehe starcraft baby), is really ****ty. I want that 'shoulders back and back straight' look. Which muscle groups do I hit?

good to see other bodybuilders on here

Quick Reply: Working Out