Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

who is a vigalante?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who is a vigalante?

in the two years i have bin riding on the street i have had severel run ins with drivers face to face and stupid morons on the road. I have had cars pull in my lane then notice um there. People cut over n almost hit me. A guy pasted me on a two lane road on the right side of me cause he was pissed off cause i wouldnt let him pass. Ive got in peoples faces. But um to the point where um gunna start kicking peoples side mirrors off and denting doors or carrying something to get back at these narrow sighted dum drivers that are not observant at all that is gunna kill bikers. Thats cool if they pull that **** on me cause um ready for it. But if a newer rider gets caught up in that situation they may not be ready n die. So does n e one have a story of going vigalante on dum drivers or actually carry a weapon or ball bearings to teach dum drivers a lesson?

Old 08-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Cro
Default RE: who is a vigalante?

Not me, A buddy iwth an R1. He has attached a 26" collapsable baton to his frame. Took out the back window of an AMG a while back.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Cro

Not me, A buddy iwth an R1. He has attached a 26" collapsable baton to his frame. Took out the back window of an AMG a while back.
Yeah.. I've heard you mention this before. How was it attached? Just wondering. I've met a few people that carry ball bearings but most of my friends defend themselves from bad drivers by twisting their right hand. I've always tried to avoid confrontation and just keep an eye out for the cruddy drivers around my town, you get to know which people to avoid when you don't live in a bigger city. Plus getting back won't do a whole lot for ya since if you DO live in a big city you're probably not likely to have a run-in with the same person twice anyways. You'll just **** off bad drivers one at a time and likely instigate a second run-in rather than doing anything productive. When I do want to retaliate I usually just use my middle finger and a few choice words. I've even told off a few cops who were driving like idiots and they were rather red in the face since they KNEW that they had done something wrong. Speaking of that I love screaming at police cars for running stop signs in my neighborhood, they do it all of the time, I don't think I could get away with vandalizing their cars for pissing me off anyhow.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:28 PM

I rock this bad boy in my pants. Maybe thats why women keep starring.

Or maybe this.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

That would stop the tailgaters........

Old 08-25-2008, 08:24 PM

colapseable baton doesnt soud like a bad idea imo. round here i tend to get some retards if i ride in the day. at night not so much cause there aint that many people out that late.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

That would stop the tailgaters........

hahahaha! I need one of those for the tailgating asses in san diego!

Old 08-25-2008, 10:21 PM

ORIGINAL: f44life

in the two years i have bin riding on the street i have had severel run ins with drivers face to face and stupid morons on the road. I have had cars pull in my lane then notice um there. People cut over n almost hit me. A guy pasted me on a two lane road on the right side of me cause he was pissed off cause i wouldnt let him pass. Ive got in peoples faces. But um to the point where um gunna start kicking peoples side mirrors off and denting doors or carrying something to get back at these narrow sighted dum drivers that are not observant at all that is gunna kill bikers. Thats cool if they pull that **** on me cause um ready for it. But if a newer rider gets caught up in that situation they may not be ready n die. So does n e one have a story of going vigalante on dum drivers or actually carry a weapon or ball bearings to teach dum drivers a lesson?
I'm going to pick this post apart, because it pisses me off for many reasons. I'll try to leave my opinions on the posters eloquence out of it (still learning English, perhaps?)

"in the two years i have bin riding on the street i have had severel run ins with drivers face to face and stupid morons on the road. I have had cars pull in my lane then notice um there. People cut over n almost hit me." Yeah, that's what car drivers do, hence the multiple rant threads on any motorcycle forum. They rarely are aware of the world going on outside their box...that's why you have to stay vigilant out there.

"A guy pasted me on a two lane road on the right side of me cause he was pissed off cause i wouldnt let him pass." Why wouldn't you let him pass? Sounds like you were being an ******* and karma caught up to you. Scared his dick was bigger than yours? Someone wants to pass me, go right ahead...keeps people off my *** andputs them where I can see them better. I'm all right with that.

"Ive got in peoples faces." Sounds smart...no one has ever been killed over a road rage incident before, right?

"But um to the point where um gunna start kicking peoples side mirrors off and denting doors or carrying something to get back at these narrow sighted dum drivers that are not observant at all that is gunna kill bikers." Good idea...get close enough to a non-attentive driver to touch their car, that's gotta be safe.

"Thats cool if they pull that **** on me cause um ready for it." Yep...like the time you got pasted for not letting someone pass.

"But if a newer rider gets caught up in that situation they may not be ready n die." True...but I've seen it happen to old riders too. Always be alert, always leave an out. If you are listening to headphones, on your phone, texting (yeah, I've seen it), thinking about that sweet piece of *** you met at the bar last night, drunk, high, whatever...if you aren't in your ride 100% then you need to be. Motorcycles are dangerous kids, that's why you wear gear and pay attention(I hope). Would you run a chainsaw with one hand while talking on the phone after drinking? I hope not...same principle. Not to mention, the term "newer rider" is relative. I've been riding for 27 years, 16 on the street...I'd be willing to be that over half the people on this forum qualify as a "newer rider" compared to me, original poster included, who sounds like he still has a ****-ton of learning to do. My Father has been riding on the street for 35 years, to him I'm a "newer rider"...you get my point.

"So does n e one have a story of going vigalante on dum drivers or actually carry a weapon or ball bearings to teach dum drivers a lesson?" No stories, the only weapon you need to use is your brain...sounds like you need to start.

Off rant, ride safe.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:29 PM

wow...you just tore that **** up.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:31 PM

Attention class!!!

We have a new student in our EVASIVE MANUEVERING course. lol j/k.

Not that I condone retaliation, but I thinks it's more challenging to avoid it as it sharpens or maintains your abilities to be evasive. Not to mention, it's good practice for obstacles in the road for when your driving spiritedly