Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Who rides in Shorts and Tee...hot day riding?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Who rides in Shorts and Tee...hot day riding?

i dont think there will ever be a time that i leave my house w/o my leather jacket, gloves, work boots,and helmet!!!!! i am yet to find a pair of over pants that i want, but that is always on my mind while im riding. to be extra cautious of my surroundings b/c im not 100% covered/protected. i dont care how hot the day gets, im always wearing atleast my helmet, work boots, gloves and jacket. to each their own......if someone wants to gear up, than its their decision......but if someone doesnt want to, thats their decision aswell. i think they KNOW the consiquences, if they choose to go out knowing what could possibly happen then have at it!

Old 05-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name:  popcorn.gif
Views: 14
Size:  12.5 KB

Old 05-25-2007, 12:36 AM

I was in huntington beach one day when looking at a bike for sale, had to wait for the guy so went to the boardwalk and i probably saw 20 guys in 20 minutes in tshirts and most with shorts too. Maybe it's super cool to not wear gear in some areas....

Old 05-25-2007, 12:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

Ya know, this has bothered me for some time, on several levels. TheX, not everyone wearing jeans files a claim, or needs to, and riders who wear leathers file claims too. It's a balance of risk taking. If I am going to the store to get hamburger buns that my wife forgot to get....it's .68 miles to the store and the speed limmit is 30mph, so yea, sometimes I'll throw on a hoodie if it's chilly and feel fine. The only risk I can see is some grand theft auto style chase comming my way, and I think I have a better chance of getting hit by lightening. ALWAYs, I wear long sleeves, pants, gloves, helmet and supportive shoes, usually Docs or work boots. Now....if I'm goin for a ride with the guys, twisties and all, I wear an armored jacket and pants. If I go anywhere other than an around the corner trip, I wear a jacket. And if it's raining, my armored pants as they are also water proof. On most days, I wear a pair of Levis with Docs, my jacket, gloves and of course a helmet. It's a 6.6mi commute, and the only time the speed limmit gets over 30 is for about 1/2 mi or HWY @ 60mph. I have no problem with folks who get all geared up for anything out of the driveway, but also have no problems with guys who cover their skin and wear a helmet. Maybe they can't afford great gear, maybe they don't want to, who knows. The only problem I have is with people acting irresponsible, gear or not. Most accidents are preventable, regardless of the gear worn. Have a guy in full leathers acting like an *** or a guy in shorts being cautious and not squidin it up. Which is better? I hear allot of bitchin about insurance, and insurance isn't soley based on medical bills and gear worn. Lets balme insurance on everyone who has a bike stolen??? Or every rider that gets a speeding ticket? Or every rider who dumps his bike and files a claim? C'mon, there more factors in this. All in all, dress for the part and don't be dumb. Weigh your risks and behave accordingly as best you can.

well said man

Old 05-25-2007, 01:54 AM

i live in phx and ride in the middle of the summer with full gear. i hear it all the time "its too hot". it'll be even hotter when u go down on the pavement with bare skin.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

o8 whered u get that smiley from?

Old 05-25-2007, 03:09 AM

t

[IMG]local://upfiles/15178/68DEDA4D250F47CB9D95897899CBC60C.gif[/IMG]

Old 05-25-2007, 06:55 AM

well lemme add somethin ive rode witout gear and wit gear, ive also fell without gear. one big reason people get road rash on 80%of there body when they fall at 30mph is cuz they dont know how to fall, if u fall tuck and tumble dont try to fight the fall and put ur hands down and try to slide across the damn pavement. if ur a good rider than u know how to fall and when u fall u tuck and tumble! ill ride without gear, but thats just my preference.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:54 AM

ORIGINAL: pimpncbr954s

well lemme add somethin ive rode witout gear and wit gear, ive also fell without gear. one big reason people get road rash on 80%of there body when they fall at 30mph is cuz they dont know how to fall, if u fall tuck and tumble dont try to fight the fall and put ur hands down and try to slide across the damn pavement. if ur a good rider than u know how to fall and when u fall u tuck and tumble! ill ride without gear, but thats just my preference.
be sure and post pics if u go down to show an example of what happens when u dont wear gear.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:07 AM

its never realy hot here anyways. its alwasy in the 70`s so no problem for me ever.

looksee
Name:  wqrt.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  66.8 KB

Quick Reply: Who rides in Shorts and Tee...hot day riding?