Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Who got the crappiest gift...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 11:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who got the crappiest gift...

I got a metal detector ground sweeper. [sm=noooo.gif]

So I went out and bought me a SD card camcorder for my bike to ease the pain.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: compulady5

LMAO!!!!! Sorry....

Well, the bf told me he didn't want anything, so luckily I stored things he's oogled over these last 6 months and put them on the list.. Plus I got him a toy (a big and expensive one)..... He got a specific list from me... LOL

We decided on a spending limit.. Both of us went over it by 100 bux. oops.

no disapointment there.

but it's better than my ex husband forgetting to buy me something for Xmas and running to the local supermarket that morning and buying me candles and scratch off lottery tickets for my presents. Asshat.......

I got scratch off in my stocking. Won $2. You want me to buy you something nice there honey. [sm=pimp.gif]

Old 12-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow - I think I got everything I needed, and a few off my want list... But I think I gave the all-time crappiest gift.

At our department White Elephant exchange, I gave away..... - Drum roll please... - My 1989 Lincoln Continental... - Yes, I gave a car away at a gift exchange - I wrapped up the title, the keys, and a picture of that fine beast. (The beast is coincidentally in my signature - all the way on the left) - I even changed the personalized plates to WYTLEPT (Supposed to be White Elephant)

The wife drove it to the party and parked it out of sight - then we got to opening away. - My co-worker went home with it. - By far the best party I've been at in years, and on my 32nd birthday nonetheless.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2

... for Christmas from someone close to you?
My wife and I decided we wouldn't spend more than $75 on each other this year. We bought a Boxer a few months ago and she's had to go to the vet a few times for various things, so we decided to cut back so we could still meet our financial goals for the year.
Anyways, I gave her a list of what I wanted: Tiger Woods '08 for PSP, a gift card to the local gear shop, House on DVD, a pneumatic stool with tool tray for the garage, a set of boxed-end ratcheting wrenches, or a rear stand for the bike.

What did I get on Christmas day? A fireplace tool kit! Now, I like to build fires as much as the next guy, but I was happy using a large stick as my poker. Also, it's only cold enough to have a fire like 3 months out of the year!

Why does she do this all the time?? She asks me what I want for a gift for my birthday or some other occasion, then goes and gets me something like this.
So, what did you get her a vacuum cleaner?

Old 12-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Retired Moderator

Fire pokers? That blows ***. How could someone give such a bad gift? I got something kind of gay. It is a docking station for various chargable items (phone, pda, etc). I like the idea of it, but I would have gladly taken something cool...like a new video game (COD4). To boot, it was dropped by UPS, and it was all broken. Fingerhut is gay, and their products are cheasy. [:'(]

Old 12-28-2007, 01:24 PM

I got a 8 megapixle digital camera with...

DIGITAL GOD DAMN ZOOM!!! wtf

If any objects are slightly moving it comes out blurry. I might as well not even have a camera.

Its a shame because it probably cost a hand full of money too.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:54 PM

the only things I got were an ashtray and one of those shake to charge flashlights. christmas sucked this year.......

Old 12-28-2007, 01:59 PM

ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2
A fireplace tool kit! Now, I like to build fires as much as the next guy, but I was happy using a large stick as my poker. Also, it's only cold enough to have a fire like 3 months out of the year!
HAHAHAH i do like fire, and just like the rest of us men i use another log, or the old fast hand trick haha. that sucks man, next year get her a kitchen cleaning kit or something full of 409 and sponges hahah

Old 12-28-2007, 02:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I got a bottle of Adidas Moves cologne from one of my Aunts. Didn't know I was still in middle school.
oo i love that stuff !

Quick Reply: Who got the crappiest gift...