Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Who got the crappiest gift...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007 | 09:40 AM
Default Who got the crappiest gift...

... for Christmas from someone close to you?
My wife and I decided we wouldn't spend more than $75 on each other this year. We bought a Boxer a few months ago and she's had to go to the vet a few times for various things, so we decided to cut back so we could still meet our financial goals for the year.
Anyways, I gave her a list of what I wanted: Tiger Woods '08 for PSP, a gift card to the local gear shop, House on DVD, a pneumatic stool with tool tray for the garage, a set of boxed-end ratcheting wrenches, or a rear stand for the bike.

What did I get on Christmas day? A fireplace tool kit! Now, I like to build fires as much as the next guy, but I was happy using a large stick as my poker. Also, it's only cold enough to have a fire like 3 months out of the year!

Why does she do this all the time?? She asks me what I want for a gift for my birthday or some other occasion, then goes and gets me something like this.

Old 12-28-2007 | 09:42 AM
Default RE: Who got the crappiest gift...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO snap! She's gonna be so pissed when she sees this. You aint gettin no punanny for a long time.

Old 12-28-2007 | 09:50 AM

That's just messed up LOL! I would tell her to take it back and get you something that you wanted form your list. Did you get her something from her list? You could tell her that since she likes the fireplace tools so much that you will return the gift you got her and the tools can be hers-then you can get what you want.

Old 12-28-2007 | 09:51 AM

Why would she bother asking if she didn't get you something from your list? Srlsy? A fireplace kit? Did she keep the receipt?

Old 12-28-2007 | 09:56 AM

my wife doesnt even really ask me what I want anymore cause I always say nothing....but she always does pretty good. She was going to buy me a new Icon helmet (what I really wanted) but we agreed to not spend more then $150 on each other this year...so that ruled out that.

Old 12-28-2007 | 10:48 AM

lol, my wife does this too. The reason she does so, is because she doesnt want me to know what I'm getting. She hasn't ever gotten me a fireplace tool kit or anything of the like before though.

Old 12-28-2007 | 10:52 AM

You should just do what me and my wife do.We buy our own gifts,then give them to each other to wrap.
Saves time and disappointment.

Old 12-28-2007 | 11:07 AM

I got a rice cooker????

Old 12-28-2007 | 11:11 AM

Irecieved duty on christmas day so i couldn't go home
so i dunno what i will get for christmas yet :/
hopefully its not a fireplace kit lol that sucks man

Old 12-28-2007 | 11:18 AM
Retired Moderator

I got a bottle of Adidas Moves cologne from one of my Aunts. Didn't know I was still in middle school.

Quick Reply: Who got the crappiest gift...