Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Whidbey Island mystery CBR Girl??

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Whidbey Island mystery CBR Girl??

So I was on my new bike today.. Coming home from work and on the backroads..

Up ahead of me I saw a bike turn into fakkema road. Not just any bike.. An F series. F3, F4, or F4i. Looked like it had yellow and black fairings.. The rider was in black mesh gear it seemed. I turned onto the road behind this mystery rider and for a good mile i watched as the Cbr took off into the sunset. I did manage to keep up.. Turning onto Taylor road and then onto silverlake road.. After that it was cat and mouse.

To my amazement, as this rider made it's last turn onto silverlake, I saw gear ride up just enough to reveal a lower back tattoo... WHAT?!?! a CBR GIRL?!?! No... Can't be... But I squinted and saw the golden hair potrudimg from under the black helmet as well. "The chase is on."

I came within 10 feet of this mystery bike and rider only a few times.. Hotbodies LED undertail, clean gloss black paint, mesh gear flapping thru the turns.. After miles of twists and turns at speeds in excess of mentioning here, my own skills were put to the test. Leaning in and throttling thru turns wasn't enough. Left, right, left, and nothing but open road.

What happened next? I'll tell you. A tourist. A respectable citizen with arthritis and no sense of urgency. A turtle in the road. Whatever you call this nuisance at 100mph that wants to pull in front of you and enjoy the scenery. Yes. This 'thing' got in the way. One oncoming car gave way for CBR girl to pass while I was stuck. The fleeting memory of her tail end in front of me was drifting away. Managing to finally escape the nightmare, I caught a few final glimpses of the F series machine taking hairpins without a pause, fear, or hesitation.

Who was this mystery figure? Where did she go? Was it a she or is there a man with long golden hair and a waistline tattoo sporting a clean CBR on whidbey?? All answers I impart to my companions here on CBRF.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I enjoyed the post but hate the fact you missed her maybe next time. And the update will be watched for maybe pics? Not that clicking pics is a great idea while on a bike save that for when you meet her , hope it's a her that would be funny if she was a he

Old 03-26-2013, 01:24 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Great Story...........thanks

But, I found her first - see below:

Cheers, SB

Old 03-26-2013, 08:28 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

CL - missed connections

or a local forum...

Old 03-26-2013, 01:35 PM