Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Where to buy HID?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where to buy HID?

can someone explain why there is a $10 price difference in these 2 kits? they're from the same seller (HID Outdoor Equipments, that Foxy recommended) and the same H7-6k

H7-6000K-AUTO-HID-CONVERSION-KIT

H7-6000K-AUTO-HID-CONVERSION-KIT

Edit: Just keeping the links small.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see any noticable differences. You should send the seller a message.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:30 AM

ok, will do, ill let everyone know what he says

thanks for fixing my links rrasco

Old 05-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: MikeInCtown

Blue Fox, why would you keep buying kits instead of just new bulbs? if the wattage is the same, the color temp shouldn't require a new ballast/starter.

I keep reading that the F2s have H4 bulbs as the base looks the same as what I have. The Sylvania on line catalog sucks with no motorcycles being listed.

Blue Fox, did you try a Silverstar before you did the HID kits? I have a Silverstar right now and it's way whiter and brighter than stock and am wondering if there would be that much gain considering the HID is one wattage only with no hi/low.
I think I can answer for him...

I think, IIRC, he did the conversion to quite a few bikes, including a couple of his own.

I can't say what the F2's have, but I know the F3's and up all use H7 bulbs. Don't worry about bikes being listed, just the bulb socket.

As far as the silverstars, I have one in my F3 that I got for dirt cheap (a few of them). It is much brighter than a conventional halogen but no where near the output of an HID, IMO. HID's are like having the sun on the front of your bike at night, lol.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Banned

Also, if I'm not mistaken, HID's (35W)draw less power than the halogens (55W). That has also been the center of debate regarding HID kits and burning up an electrical system. Though I think the conclusive evidence is readily available that that's not the case... FWIW.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:16 PM

Cool, thanks for the info. I wasn't sure how much brighter one was, but knowing you've used both really helps. Many people haven't used both and they just have an opinion one way or the other.

I was a little worried about not having a high beam and the possibility that the light may shine upwards, but the adjustment of the light is pretty simple so I'm sure I could angle the light more towards the road. The prices shown in the links are just too hard to ignore since being seen gives you a better chance of being alive.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Banned

Yeah they're are some good prices...

I wasn't going to share this with anyone and keep it for myself , but I recently bought 25 HID kits for $250. Going to see what I think about one in the F3 and going to install the rest around here for $85 installed. Got a few people's bikes lined up but I think when the warm summer nights get here they'll go pretty quick.

Don't know if I should share my info, though... . Bah - not hard to find if ya look.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

****, I would have bought one off of you Kid. I still might, thinking about picking up a set for my Accord if I like them.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:11 PM

thats sweet i think id go for the 10000k or the 8000k. i like the blueish/purplish color.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:39 AM

hey kid, can you be a little more specific? the cheapest ones i found were that guy on ebay that fox recommended... but he hasn't gotten back to me yet about the difference in price of his kits