Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Pull over or run?
I've ran, but would pull over in the future
9.76%
I've pulled over and always will
60.98%
I've ran and always will
0%
I've pulled over but would run in the future
4.88%
Never been signaled to pull over, but I would pull over
24.39%
Never been signaled to pull over, but I would run
0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

When you see the red and blue

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That video is sad but I guess thats what happens when you try to act like a badass in front of police, once you stop respecting them, it pretty much goes the other way too.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
Yeah, go ahead and continue to preach your hypocritical double standard of life. I will continue to put you in your place every time.

BTW, click on the link below and chew on that one for a while as you view what might happen when someone stops.

Ottawa Hills officer's trial opens with dash cam vid
We're gonna use simply math to get this across. No need to grab the calculator or untie the shoes.

Speeding = 1
Speeding and running from the cop when he tries to pull you over = 1 + 1
Speeding and running and the cops beginning pursuit = 1 + 1 + 1

See while we may be riding above the speed limit, which is irresponsible, that's all we're doing. And our focus is still on riding and the traffic around us. That's a 1

Now while you may be riding above the speed limit, which is irresponsible, when you go to evade your primary focus is no longer the traffic around you. It's escaping that a$$ whupping you just earned yourself. Here's the tricky math part: 1 + 1 = 2, which is more than just 1.

Now that you were riding above the speed limit and have now begun to attempt evading the cops, which we have established is greater than just riding above the limits, the cops now begin pursuit. Another vehicle whose primary focus is no longer simply riding along the road is added to the mix. More math: 1 + 1 + 1 = 3, which is more than just 1.

There are members of law enforcement and judicial courts here among the normal every day Joes. We all know our flaws. Not a single one will attempt to justify running. No scare tactic, a single example of an officer's mistake (or stupidity), is going to justify it. Because as simple math shows, when you attempt to evade you compound your irresponsible actions and increase risks to others.

Drop it

Old 05-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it doesn't matter what someone is doing when they're stopped by police, whether it's a traffic stop or otherwise there is a potential for someones actions to be misinterpretted and something similar to that could occur

it's just far more likely to happen if you've committed a felony

how about this, speeding is illegal. i'm sure almost all of us have done it whether intentional or not. man up and stop. i'd rather get a peice of paper than go to prison or kill myself or someone else.

even if you've "slipped away" that doesn't mean that no one was put in harms way. i'm sure the cop that possibly chased after you ran the speed limit the entire time

Old 05-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Drop it
Drop it yourself. I'm not the one who came on here saying that they always do the responsible thing. If you exceed the speed limit you are not doing the responsible thing. If you ride your bike on a public road with a defective piece of safety equipment you are not doing the the responsible thing.

Shall I continue? No, I'm merely pointing out the flawed logic of some individuals on here who are on their high horse about this claiming they always do the responsible thing.

Drop it.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OK enough