Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Pull over or run?
I've ran, but would pull over in the future
9.76%
I've pulled over and always will
60.98%
I've ran and always will
0%
I've pulled over but would run in the future
4.88%
Never been signaled to pull over, but I would pull over
24.39%
Never been signaled to pull over, but I would run
0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

When you see the red and blue

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When you see the red and blue

What have you done and what would you do in the future?

Old 05-09-2010, 11:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You mean police? Pull over and see what they wanted.

That's the ONLY viable answer

Old 05-09-2010, 11:28 PM

I was booking it up the canyon today with a friend when we saw a speed trap for traffic coming down. We saw one car sitting, and then around the bend another one with it's lights on. We thought the first one called it in. When we got to the top of the canyon, my friend told me, "I saw those lights and thought 'I don't have to run from the police, just from Kyle.'"

He's ran from the police once before (also when the police had a second target), but he's also pulled over before. I've been pulled over once and will always do so when I see the lights.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:34 PM

unfortunately i live in a city that is bankrupt!!!!they wont get any help from me...so turn em on and lets see whatcha got pig!!!

Old 05-09-2010, 11:53 PM

I Pull over and always will seeing as The DA was kind enough to let me off my criminal speeding charges because the LEO here are retards.

They said I was doing 70 in a 40 about 50 feet from my driveway in a 97 black intrepid (They said I was in a blue stratus).

Old 05-09-2010, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by fubbzie
They said I was doing 70 in a 40 about 50 feet from my driveway...
Late for a hot date, or something?

Old 05-10-2010, 12:30 AM

Holy crap, you runners are idiots.

I've been to Mobile Alabama, yeah, the cops aren't that bad. Had family there that rode and had no problems. Maybe you shouldn't be an idiot on public roads?

Pull over, always will.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:33 AM

i don't know if you would call it running but a few times i have had police pull out after me and if the conditions were favorable i would not slow down and would make a few turns. i would never run from a cop that was right behind me but it takes a while for a cop to get out in traffic and up to 140. don't ride a flashy bike and don't wear flashy gear. i had a friend who had a one of a kind paint job on his VFR. 3 times that i know of the police were waiting for him to get home based on the bike description alone. also don't **** in your own yard. be a hooligan where people don't know/already hate you.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by dmcb2120
Let me guess you only go over the speed limit on the track right ????
Majority, yeah, actually. Sure, on backroads I'll go over because most of them are 15-20. Conditionally as well, say to avoid an accident or the such. But on public roads, 95-98% of the time I am going to speed limit. And if I get caught speeding, I pull over. That's called being responsible.

It's idiots that don't that give sportbikers a very bad name.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:26 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First, CBRF does not in any way condone irresponsible behavior. Any harassment bikers feel can be attributed to a few making the majority look like idiots. Sort of how a few gung ho cops might make the majority look bad. Putting yourself, other drivers and the LEO in danger over a traffic ticket is stupid and eventually the law of averages will dictate that you'll either get caught or crash. Evading is a felony in most places now. Stopping as soon as possible is the only correct answer.

Second, just like speeding can get you in trouble posting irresponsible acts will get you grief here. Don't expect sympathy from the majority of this forum for posting up bad behavior and being taken to task. If you don't want lectures then keep it to yourself.

And finally, this is a public forum. You have no rights to privacy. Should your comments be compared to illegal acts in your area then don't expect CBRF to lawyer up to protect you. PLEASE THINK before posting up incriminating behavior.

Quick Reply: When you see the red and blue