Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Pull over or run?
I've ran, but would pull over in the future
9.76%
I've pulled over and always will
60.98%
I've ran and always will
0%
I've pulled over but would run in the future
4.88%
Never been signaled to pull over, but I would pull over
24.39%
Never been signaled to pull over, but I would run
0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

When you see the red and blue

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got away once in my trans am many years ago, cop caught me and a viper playing we both pulled over, i was in front cop was talking to the guy in the viper with his back to me. We were on a hill i dropped into neutral rolled down the hill and took off. I got lucky once dont figure it'll ever happen again. I'm not here to BS anyone i will go over the speed limit, i'll get into "contests" it happens not gonna lie, i take traffic, where we are and who's around into consideration. If i get caught i get caught. Since i've became smarter i've had 1 ticket in 6years and it was in the middle of nowhere at 10pm. I'd take the chance of getting a speeding ticket over eluding any day of the week.

Like my dad always said "Your not racing the fat donut eating cop in the overweight chevy caprice....your racing motorola...and motorolas fast!"

In colorado like probably any other state if they have your plate # they know where you live among other things. Hell in colorado my plates show up that i have a concealed weapons permit to the cops.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Instead of me multi quoting a few individuals and pointing out their flawed double standard of thinking let me just say that I am not advocating running from the cops. I merely related things I've done over 20 years ago and gotten away with. None of them involved some 150+ mph high speed chase. It was more of me getting off the current road and taking multiple turns to lose them. I was so far ahead that I would have argued that I didn't even know anyone was chasing me.

One time I was in a Chevy Vega and the cop got greedy and tried to stop both of us for doing 10 mph or so over the limit at night. He first pulled behind me but then went around and stopped the lead car 1/4 mile down the road. I just turned my headlights off, made a u-turn and went a different route home. For anyone who doesn't know about a Vega mine would struggle to reach 100 mph and that would take a minute or so to reach it. No high speed chase there.

Last edited by RoadiJeff; 05-10-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
Instead of me multi quoting a few individuals and pointing out their flawed double standard of thinking let me just say that I am not advocating running from the cops. I merely related things I've done over 20 years ago and gotten away with. None of them involved some 150+ mph high speed chase. It was more of me getting off the current road and taking multiple turns to lose them. I was so far ahead that I would have argued that I didn't even know anyone was chasing me.

One time I was in a Chevy Vega and the cop got greedy and tried to stop both of us for doing 10 mph or so over the limit at night. He first pulled behind me but then went around and stopped the lead car 1/4 mile down the road. I just turned my headlights off, made a u-turn and went a different route home. For anyone who doesn't know about a Vega mine would struggle to reach 100 mph and that would take a minute or so to reach it. No high speed chase there.
You apparently just don't get it.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:13 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JEFF4i99
You apparently just don't get it.
I would say the same of you.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:40 AM

Gentleman please. Ok first off, running from the police is wrong/ stupid. My dad has told me PLENTY of time back in the day when he ran from the police. But that was city police on back roads of rural areas. However today patrolling is so much more advanced it would be futile to run, seriously once upon a time it was one cop per city, and that was it. Now you have city, county and state troopers intercommunicating and helping one another ECPESSIALLY with high speed chases. I’m not going to lie in one of my older hopped up mustangs I was heading home and passed a trooper going 90mph in the opposite direction, he hit the lights turned around but was too far behind. I circled around a fire station and cruised back home, while he went off in the wrong direction. That was my one and only time, and I was young and dumb with a car that had WAY too much hp. The last time I was pulled over for speeding when I passed the cop BEFORE he hit the lights simply because I knew I was caught. Conversation was something like this.
Trooper: How you doing today?
Me: Speeding heading to work.
Trooper: Wow, honest and quick to pull over, license and registration please.
Trooper 5 min later. well I’m going to let you off with a warning.
Me: Thanks.
Having integrity and manning up is a good thing and sometimes can actually get you out of a ticket. But run if you want. I’ll see you in the jail if I don’t book you myself. Yea I'm a cop now. Yet another reason I would NEVER run from the police.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:11 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea I'm a cop now. Yet another reason I would NEVER run from the police.

Yup !
You catch him Bubba, I'll put him in the slammer.
That's what I do.....................

OK Gentlemen - clearly we each have our opinions, and swinging handbags at each other isn't going to change that

Is there really any more to be said......?

Last edited by Shadow; 05-11-2010 at 07:19 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bubba_finch07
Having integrity and manning up is a good thing and sometimes can actually get you out of a ticket.
Werd. Gotten me off the hook more than once. Cops like to see you're courteous and cooperative and not trying to weasel out of a ticket you have earned -- especially on a bike.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
I would say the same of you.
I came up with a few responses really hashing out why your childish thought process was just so flawed, but then I realized...

Someone like you is far easier to just ignore.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK y'all. Time to end it.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by bubba_finch07
Yea I'm a cop now. Yet another reason I would NEVER run from the police.
I KNEW I smelled bacon..ok maybe not bacon, but definatley some sort of pork product!
lol

Quick Reply: When you see the red and blue