Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Pull over or run?
I've ran, but would pull over in the future
9.76%
I've pulled over and always will
60.98%
I've ran and always will
0%
I've pulled over but would run in the future
4.88%
Never been signaled to pull over, but I would pull over
24.39%
Never been signaled to pull over, but I would run
0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

When you see the red and blue

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
I am preaching to those who are on their high horse and say they always do the responsible thing and pull over if a LEO wants them to stop. Bull****. I dare anyone on here to tell me they haven't intentionally exceeded the speed limit on their sport bike. That in itself is being irresponsible. </soapbox>
Here in Texas, breaking the law for a misdemeanor speeding offense may not be responsible, but cannot be compared to the irresponsibility of a felony evading arrest charge.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:58 AM

Well this picture happens to be a Bull***t stop, we got on the highway and made it to the next exit before getting stopped. But I will admit I am ALWAYS doing something wrong when i ride. LOL. I don't think my bike is capable of doing the speed limit. But, if I am speeding (above the limit, but below 90mph) and a cop pulls out and gets behind me, sure i"ll stop. My papers are always legit, and i"ve never had a ticket on my 929, so they see i'm a good boy, gimme a warning and let me go. Plus The FD badge in my wallet helps. lol

Old 05-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am preaching to those who are on their high horse and say they always do the responsible thing and pull over if a LEO wants them to stop. Bull****. I dare anyone on here to tell me they haven't intentionally exceeded the speed limit on their sport bike. That in itself is being irresponsible. </soapbox>
You have no room to preach. Very very few drivers, whether in a car or truck or on a bike, can honestly claim they obey 100% of the laws 100% of the time. But you're talking about escalating things to a level of stupidity by running. And trying to justify it by saying "Well you were speeding and it's just as bad".

WRONG

You cannot justify running from the cops. So while our "High Horse" may not reach Heaven, the goat you're trying to ride is in a much lower and hotter place

Old 05-10-2010, 11:14 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Ive intentionally gone over the speed limit... congrats uve caught me lol

doesnt mean i have to run from the cops when they catch me in my own stupidity....

i can honestly say however ive never sped intentionally in town... its always been in the country where there arent other cars... if i want to put my own life at risk thats stupid yes but in not going to do it where i can put someone elses life at risk...

Last edited by __Z__; 05-10-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by zmds18
Ive intentionally gone over the speed limit... congrats uve caught me lol

doesnt mean i have to run from the cops when they catch me in my own stupidity....

i can honestly say however ive never sped intentionally in town... its always been in the country where there arent other cars... if i want to put my own life at risk thats stupid yes but in not going to do it where i can put someone elses life at risk...

Yep.

Thanks all, it is one thing to take the risk of going a bit over, but reasonably it is far different to run. Trying to equate the two is a logical fallacy.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DunnRR
For the most part I will always stop. Usually the Cops are grateful that I stopped, do a quick Check on me (Lic, reg, ins.) Make sure i have no warrants, and just let me go on my way.
My experience has been pretty much the same. Doesn't ruffle my feathers, I know it's the damn fools running from them that makes me a target.

It is one thing to speed (OMG 10-15 OVER!!) and it is another to bump up to speeds required to evade police. You're not going to win that argument here RoadiJeff. Not here. Not on this forum. You're plain wrong.

I can accept the consequences of speeding but I will NEVER be that jackass running from the cops.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't quite wrap my mind around how you equate these two actions. Going faster than the posted speed limit and felony evasion are equal as irresponsible acts? So in that vein of logic I suppose simple battery should end in murder

Old 05-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As with anything in life, there are always degrees of right, wrong, or somewhere in between. Most of us are probably in betweeners - we break the law, but wouldn't break it to the extent that you wish to compare it to. Running from the Po Po's is never a good idea - not just because you're putting your own life at risk, but stop for a minute to consider the risk to innocent bystanders etc who are also in harms way, as a direct result of your actions.
THAT's why the offence is seen as a felony - the potentially fatal risks to others.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

it's always amusing that some folks take offense to the notion of someone encouraging ppl to do the right thing.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:25 PM

i pull over when the red and blues are behind me. it seams that when i know im pushing over the speed limit i never see any police. but when im obeying the law i see them more often. only been pulled over on the bike late at night. checking for DUI's etc. no tickets/warnings.

car is a different story. i stay within the law no more then 5 over. 10 on a highway. dont get a thrill speeding or f-ing around in a car no more. so not worth the ticket.

Quick Reply: When you see the red and blue