Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Pull over or run?
I've ran, but would pull over in the future
9.76%
I've pulled over and always will
60.98%
I've ran and always will
0%
I've pulled over but would run in the future
4.88%
Never been signaled to pull over, but I would pull over
24.39%
Never been signaled to pull over, but I would run
0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

When you see the red and blue

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 02:55 AM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ well said.

Pull over.

You might get away with it once or twice. but you cant outrun a radio, and alot of places have helecopters in the air almost 24/7.

and if it doesnt work out and you do get caught, your S.O.L. tenfold. goodbye licence, goodbye bike, hello jailbars.

It just isnt worth it.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:30 AM

Here is the simple logic behind my answer, you might be able to out run the individual but you cannot out run the radio.

Last edited by Hoosier1104; 05-10-2010 at 03:41 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:18 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

I always pull over.... Usually as long as your not being stupid and cooperate with the cop they usually are just doing a check to make sure you have a lisc. and your bike is registered yata yata.... If they pull you over its most likely just for your safety or because you were endangering someone else... <---- in other words being a SQUID so pull over if you weren't doing anything wrong no big, if you were bend over and take responsibility for your SQUIDLY actions lol

Last edited by __Z__; 05-10-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:21 AM

if a cop was behind me with his lights on i would pull over. although i have had a cop hits his lights as i was going around a corner and he was coming at me. i was doing 80-85. it was a long piece of highway with very very little traffic, like 5 cars on 25 miles of road. i just didn't see him as i was rounding this tight little corner with trees right up next to the road. i hit the gas through the corner and ducked down a country road. never saw the cop again. although i now go a little slower cause i figure he's seen me speeding once and he'll try n get me again if he can. in the end just by flashing his lights and getting me shook up a little bit he has caused me to drive slower.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my old days I've run and gotten away on a handful of occasions. They were always when I knew they had not been able to read my plate. I was never caught once I took off. As far as not outrunning the radio never stay on the road where they clocked you for very long and then they don't know where you went.

That was decades ago. With my new bike I'm not sure exactly what I'd do. It would probably depend on the moment.

One thing I've noticed repeated here is some people say they do the responsible thing and always pull over. Well, the responsible thing would be to not speed in the first place so there would be no reason for them to stop you.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

just because the odds improve that you can get away with doing something that is illegal, why does it make sense that that justifies doing so? if you made your bike easier to steal, does that mean the thief is justified in taking it?

do what you ought, not what you can get away with. society will be a lot better off for it (and so will you). </soapbox>

Old 05-10-2010, 09:23 AM

its not a game you want to play.... it does give sportbikers bad name if you run or ride like an idot, but millions of people around the world set bad examples for many things. i have had the cops flash their lights at me a couple of times for a warning, it just depends on the cop and their mood.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
In my old days I've run and gotten away on a handful of occasions. They were always when I knew they had not been able to read my plate. I was never caught once I took off. As far as not outrunning the radio never stay on the road where they clocked you for very long and then they don't know where you went.

That was decades ago. With my new bike I'm not sure exactly what I'd do. It would probably depend on the moment.

One thing I've noticed repeated here is some people say they do the responsible thing and always pull over. Well, the responsible thing would be to not speed in the first place so there would be no reason for them to stop you.
Who said anything about speeding?

Face it, because of guys who will run those of us that don't get pulled over for bullchit license / registration / proof of insurance checks. The thought process being that the biker HAD to run for some other reason than speeding (unless you're hitting Ludicrous Speed), prolly missing something important to be legal.

Every time I've done something illegal I've manned up and taken whatever is coming. And I've never been stopped for breaking the law on my bike. Stupidity checks, dime a dozen. Law breaking, zero.

The reverse lecture doesn't work here.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:41 AM

For the most part I will always stop. Usually the Cops are grateful that I stopped, do a quick Check on me (Lic, reg, ins.) Make sure i have no warrants, and just let me go on my way. The roads around me are too short and crowded, not to mention way too may traffic lights. So i will glady take a small ticket and be on my way. I dont think i can handle trying to pay attention the cop behind me, trying to figure out the best route to lose him, and deal with the incredible amount of tards in cages not paying attention.
For you runners out there, THANKS! because of you opur sunday rides end like this! LOL

Last edited by DunnRR; 05-10-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am preaching to those who are on their high horse and say they always do the responsible thing and pull over if a LEO wants them to stop. Bull****. I dare anyone on here to tell me they haven't intentionally exceeded the speed limit on their sport bike. That in itself is being irresponsible. </soapbox>

Quick Reply: When you see the red and blue