Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

what would happen to you if you got pulled over going 147?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha professional curtisy at its best. they only got one cop doing 147 and he said do what you gotta do. they did nothing. so why is he to blame? the officer that pulled them over should be disciplined. and they had no idea they were clocked b/c it was airplane radar that got them.

honestly our world is so twisted and crooked that this is so minor. doesnt bother me.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Old 08-06-2009, 05:06 PM

if i was a cop i'd be doin the same thing. we get company discounts on tickets =] lol

Old 08-06-2009, 05:33 PM

i think u guys should stop complaining lol..
i know people who have pulled over after going excessive speeds who arent cops and who had a nice cop and got off very easy lol..
i have gotten pulled over for doing a wheelie onto the 4 lanes at 30 over and he only gave me a ordinance ticket and a smile.
Im going to college to be a cop and would let a fellow officer off the hook as well..
whats the point of ruining a good officers career for doing what everyone (yes... damn you... everyone) who reads this has done. but they just did it at a bad time...
lol
think of the statistics..
ratio of law enforcement riders to regular riders.
now how many of them are caught doing excessive speeds
and finally the percentage of each who are penalized.
this 1 story gets attention and everyone cries..
stooooopiiiid...

Old 08-06-2009, 06:13 PM

I would loose my license. Probably thrown in jail. Loose my job. ETC. Etc.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by shardoflard
i know people who have pulled over after going excessive speeds who arent cops and who had a nice cop and got off very easy lol..
i have gotten pulled over for doing a wheelie onto the 4 lanes at 30 over and he only gave me a ordinance ticket and a smile.
Im going to college to be a cop and would let a fellow officer off the hook as well..
whats the point of ruining a good officers career for doing what everyone (yes... damn you... everyone) who reads this has done. but they just did it at a bad time...
lol
stooooopiiiid...
This is asinine. You are saying that just because everybody does it, that makes it okay for an officer of the law to get off the hook? That is stupid. If you are supposed to be upholding and enforcing the law you have to follow it. If you get caught, you get caught. Period. I don't care who you are, from me all the way up to the President. If the President was out riding and got pulled over doing a buck fifty, he better be losing his license. Especially because he is the President. Lead by example?

What is the point of ruining a good officers career for doing something everybody does? Uhm, he wasn't supposed to do it? He is a cop and should know better? Not EVERYBODY does 140+ on the highway?

Here is a better idea, don't do that. A bad time? Seriously? You want to ride (or drive) that fast, there are tracks where you can do it. They are safe and controlled environments that removes the risk of having other bystanders involved.

You are going to be a cop, I should hope if you pulled me over doing 147 (which you never will, because I won't ever do it) that you bust me and push for my license to be suspended. That is stupid, unsafe on the street, and lets not forget illegal.

Don't give me this crap about it is more okay because there are fewer officers that ride. That could be applied to bikes in general. There are way fewer bikes than cars, and more cars speed, so the bikes are okay? We should all be getting off eh?

Talk about stupid... I have friends and family who are in law enforcement and they would be appalled at your statements.

Last edited by CrashTECH; 08-07-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by shardoflard
lol
stooooopiiiid...
just what we need another twisted pig on the streets... hopefully you wont make it through college.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:42 PM

Nobody here ever caught a break before? A co-worker of mine was caught doing 160+ in a 110km/hr zone. Anything over 50 above the limit is an automatic court appearance with a dangerous driving charge. When the officer was explaining the ticket he discovered he had stopped another peace officer he dropped the ticket and let him go. Why? Because we are on the same team. My co-worker did not "badge" him...but was asked to show his credentials.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Friend and Hero ...

For those who know me know this is a standard statement I have the utmost respect for anyone who steps into harms way here or abroad so I'm not sure about the double standard and I do believe in professional courtesy up to a point beyond that those with the authority should be held to a higher standard gross abuse of privileges should not be tolerated.... Hasn't the good old boys club been proven to weaken things as a whole

But here's a non-Leo a young man in Georgia who was alluding police officers at 170 mph released $15,000 bond really low bond and was charged with 6 or 7 different violations
http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/state-1..._newstab&imw=Y

Old 08-07-2009, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by thrasher572
Nobody here ever caught a break before? A co-worker of mine was caught doing 160+ in a 110km/hr zone. Anything over 50 above the limit is an automatic court appearance with a dangerous driving charge. When the officer was explaining the ticket he discovered he had stopped another peace officer he dropped the ticket and let him go. Why? Because we are on the same team. My co-worker did not "badge" him...but was asked to show his credentials.
There is catching a break and getting away with something extreme that you shouldn't. The cop letting you go for 10mph over okay fine. You caught a break. If you are 20mph+ that is reckless operation in addition to the speeding (in Ohio). Maybe you can get it reduced if you are decent and you have an okay record. That is fine. We are talking about a guy, regardless of the his cop status, was doing almost 150, which with the highway speed limit being 65, it is almost 2.5 times the speed limit.

In your example, that would have to have been 275km/hr... Should he have gotten off with that? I don't think so.

Quick Reply: what would happen to you if you got pulled over going 147?