Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: What kind of rider are you?
Street: I gotta show I've got panache or I'll explode
21.79%
Track: Give me a pack so I can lead it
5.13%
Freedom: I look for places away from everything else
41.03%
Stunt: Physics are a suggestion, not a law
6.41%
Race: I'm the fastest thing between Point A and B
8.97%
Twisties: I make straight lines out of curves
33.33%
Hyybrid: No one group defines me
41.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

What kind of rider are you?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 03:57 PM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbear
No worries, man. But if you already understood then that wall of text wasn't for you. It was for the dude who blatantly didn't get what I was saying.

I'm pretty sure I understand what the OP was getting at, and I was giving my take on it. That's what we do on the forums, right? We discuss things relevant to the theme of the forum?
For sure

Old 10-25-2009, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
So yes I want her to look good. I want her to run well. I want to develop a riding style that sets me apart from the 'feet dragging, knees sticking out further than their mirrors', gearless wonders running rampant in Philadelphia. I don't want to travel 20+ miles on the weekendsto get some place before I can apply what I know and have learned. The street will be outside my door 24 / 7. It will always be the place where my bike spends the most time (since its unavoidable).

So that's me and why I am. Someone wants to call me a squid? Personally I think they need a better definition.

Damon "Kuroshio" W.

PS

As soon as it opens up, I plan to sign up for the 2010 MSF Experienced Riders Course. When I get a 2nd bike, I will take on both track and stunt classes. The Poconos prolly have some decent twisties I can play in. And Pennsylvania is a huge place to explore. But all that is for the weekend. And anything I learn there I will still focus and apply on what's 24 / 7: the street
Everything about the above labels you as a "squid" just wanted you to know that.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jgos929
Everything about the above labels you as a "squid" just wanted you to know that.
And your attitude defines you as "negligible". Just thought you should know that

Cheers

Old 10-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Talking easy killa

wair your tentacles proud Kuro... what has been said in this thread can be used for your benefit, read what you wrote... in one sentance you mentioned a safty course, track lessons, and stunt classes.. thats a big plate , slow down , enjoy riding for what its ment to be , FUN , peeps opinions of your "riding style" will always vary and your very detailed post of your life history will olny be used against you ,(sad to say). Dont worry about impressin the crowd , my best riding happens when theres not a soul near me to see it, and when you get off the bike and your knees are a little wobbly from addrenelin and your in one peice, youll know your doin it right. wear good gear , whatch out for cages, and work up to track/stunt. oh yeah , get used to body work if stunting is in your future. Peace bro

Last edited by bambam; 10-26-2009 at 09:44 AM. Reason: spell check
Old 10-26-2009, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by bambam
wair your tentacles proud Kuro... what has been said in this thread can be used for your benefit, read what you wrote... in one sentance you mentioned a safty course, track lessons, and stunt classes.. thats a big plate , slow down , enjoy riding for what its ment to be , FUN , peeps opinions of your "riding style" will always vary and your very detailed post of your life history will olny be used against you ,(sad to say). Dont worry about impressin the crowd , my best riding happens when theres not a soul near me to see it, and when you get off the bike and your knees are a little wobbly from addrenelin and your in one peice, youll know your doin it right. wear good gear , whatch out for cages, and work up to track/stunt. oh yeah , get used to body work if stunting is in your future. Peace bro
Very well said

Old 10-26-2009, 02:58 PM

Sounds to me that he has found a new interest and is passionate about it.

Passion is something that is lacking in so many people today.

If that makes him a squid, then I'm a squid as well.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:35 AM

I don't think anyone was talkin bout not wearing gear or doin dumb stuff...

Quick Reply: What kind of rider are you?