Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What have we gained?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What have we gained?

War... intolerance... politics...

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...arlboromarine/

... the cost.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:46 PM
Default RE: What have we gained?

can someone spark notes this. i get bored fast.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:47 PM

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 11-12-2007, 10:53 PM

not a dam thing

Old 11-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

tsk tsk some will never understand how the world works.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The casualties of war aren't those who die, but those who survive.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:30 AM

That's a pretty touching vid, it's just ironic with the whole DC thing...that's the way our govenment works in this era and it's not a good way of operating.

The only thing that I see that our country has gained from this war is a larger number of world wide enemys and the worse deficit that we have ever seen

Old 11-13-2007, 11:04 AM

Don't forget that this guy is not alone, there are tens of thousand vets just like him.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:13 AM

ORIGINAL: USMCVET

Don't forget that this guy is not alone, there are tens of thousand vets just like him.
very true.. my mom is a physical therapist at the VA... i grew up going to work with her and meeting those guys (vets) its ****ing sad how our government treats these guys.. you know 1/4th or more of our homeless are people who fought for this country (VETS) how do we let this happen as a so called civil society..

dont get it.. never will

Old 11-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Friend and Hero ...

First let me say I do not have an issue with the individual who posted this. Myself and a lot of others including the Marine in the video himself have paid a heavy price for everyone to have the ability to speak theirmind and believe what you choose and would never deny anyone the right to do so. But, now let me say most of you know exactly where I'll fall on this issue concerning the support of our Marines and Soldiers. I have done two and half tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan which makes me more than a layman on the subject. PTSD is a serious issue, one in the last couple of years has had a hard look taken at it by all branches of the Armed Forces and the issue has been addressed. There are more than one avenue for any member of our Armed Forces to seek out help. The Horrors of War are as old as the human race itself. I personally believe that most of the youth of America operate under the misconception. The video gore that they witness on a daily basis, or the crimes that they witness in the streets that they've grown up in can compare in any way with the horrors of war. That is a very bad conclusion, the sanitized violence you see in your streets, and on the idiot box Or the Internet can not compare with war. Yes, I said sanitized, Law Enforcement, Fire Department , and the EMTs eventually shows up and take control of the situation. Clean up the mess and restore order in war those things don't happen until the entire issue is settled. I personally believe on the whole subject that we operate under the misconception that because of our daily exposure to sanitized violence and gore. We believe, we are less affected by it, but in reality. It hits us a lot harder when we are exposed to true tragedy than it did our ancestors . life is not as rough or as hard as it was 60 or 100 years ago in this country. God knows it's not as bad as it was 200 years ago. I personally believe that is why it is such a larger issue now with the mental conditioning, For those who face the horrors of war and the fog of war. And there are individuals at recruiting depots on both coasts arrive with some mindset that it's going to be tough, but not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, In Reality..... It's Usually Far Worse

on a final note concerning the political viewpoint of this thread It Should Be a Non-Issue Whether or Not We Should Have Deployed in the First Place . We Are There for the Right Reasons Are the Wrong Reasons We Are There ! The Real Issue Should Not Be When Where Getting out but How to Turn the Whole Thing into a Success Story like MacArthur Did with Japan or At Least an Acceptable Solution like South Korea We Should Not Let This Be Turned into Some Political Quagmire like Vietnam Was in the Late 60s and Early 70s We Should've At Least Learned Something from That Mistake F@CKING PERIOD ! and Don't speak to me about supporting the Armed Forces but not supporting the war. The two are so intertwined that can't be separated. How can you support a person or a group as a whole without supporting what they believe in or what they are required to do. Yes, we get pissed off, and vent and we rant, rave and suffer but if I'm not mistaken, it is a all volunteer force. So how can you support someone without supporting what they're doing. Do they want freedom in Iraq, the majority of the population Do... Do they wanted it on the terms in which were providing probably not, should we turn our backs and walk away? I hope to hell not ! Sorry feeling a little PTSD. Today or maybe it's just pure frustration, one last thing. If you find this personally offensive. I suggest you look at the thread titled "the most random thread ever" page 9 and see my post their always glad to help