Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What does it mean? Left or right headlight off?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011 | 01:24 PM
Default sure

Originally Posted by estate4life
..is it against the law to shut off both headlight? I understand factory makes then automatic on when key is on?
As a quick response, YES! I believe after 1975 or something like that, all bikes produced had to have a DRL(Daytime Running Light) or a "headlight" that could not be shut off while the key was on. Also shutting off your headlights(during night) to avoid identification is illegal in most states.

Old 08-11-2011 | 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by estate4life
Cool air = Rapid respond in HP...bike just feel much more crisp & sweet to ride. This could of been one of HONDA's R & D purpose...dual head light mistaken for a car is also very true....left light gang? May true in some part of the states but maybe not entire US...I was thinking...is it against the law to shut off both headlight? I understand factory makes then automatic on when key is on?
Ok I can't tell anymore if you're serious or just playing very dumb. Answer was given way back that 1 light is low beam / running light and both lights was high beam on some bikes. Left or right means / does nothing. Just one manufacturer trying to stand out from another.

If your bike wasn't modified to run both lights at all times, no you should not disable one headlight to "appear more like a motorcycle at night". If your bike stock runs 2 headlights, that's the light output it was designed to have at night on low.

Yes, running both lights on (if your bike was designed to run 1 on low) does draw more power. Which is immaterial as the battery alone produces more than enough voltage to run everything on the bike + accessories. And the stator produces more than enough voltage to keep the battery charged. The only time having high beams on would matter is if you had
  • A weak battery
  • A dead stator
  • Cranking the bike

Now please stop ... or bring a to make it more entertaining

And as far as is cooling the air intake for more HP....

Last edited by Kuroshio; 08-11-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-11-2011 | 01:58 PM
Talking facetious

I was being facetious about the headlight reducing the air temp thus increasing HP, but after the light drawing more power and hurting post, I had to put it in there. Keep your food.

Last edited by Trey929RR; 08-11-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 08-11-2011 | 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Trey929RR
I was being facetious about the headlight reducing the air temp thus increasing HP, but after the light drawing more power and hurting post, I had to put it in there. Keep your food.
I know you were but I've lost track with him

Old 08-11-2011 | 02:24 PM

^^^ Uh-Oh McFly!!!

Old 08-11-2011 | 02:54 PM
|
February 2012 ROTM

Serious & dumb....LOL..

Old 08-11-2011 | 06:46 PM

Asked & answered. This topic has been exhausted.