Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Well, my cherry's been officially broken.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 02:26 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Well, my cherry's been officially broken.

ORIGINAL: woo545

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

^^ True, I complain a bit about that.

But then again, I didn't do something stupid that totaled my bike, then turned around and complained about it. (just proving a point too.)

It's more screwing up and blaming someone else bit....not just "complaining" in general, but not owning up to your responsibilities or failings.
WTF? A dude pulled an illegal left hand turn directly in front of me, and your saying that I screwed up and not owning up to my failings??? Better get your facts straight buddy.

And to everyone else, I realize that sometimes it may sound like I'm chewing someone's head off, but it's never to meant to be mean or insulting. Rather, it's simply to stress the situation at hand. She mounted her plate illegally. She got a ticket. Then I hear everyone in the thread flaming the police and saying how they're out to get us. It's angering, especially considering the fact they throw their lives on the line to serve and protect strangers.

So, I apologize to Compulady if I sounded brash earlier, I could have stated it in a less "rip your head off" way.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:38 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: demonchild

I can see my tag from where I am sitting. It is pinned to the cork board that is mounted on the wall right in front of me. That is the solution...and I dont stop for cops.
And it's a wonder why we get harassed.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

I was stating Florida. I've been pulled over in my cage lane changing 3 times. That was the only Texas ***** cop I've ever meet. He was young, so I'm sure that was part of it.
It's a BS traffic stop, the officer was probably just fishing to see who you were and/or check for warrants. Like getting pulled over because your tailgate is down on your pickup.

The Florida statute is almost the same as the Texas statute requiring signals:

316.155 When signal required.--
(1)No person may turn a vehicle from a direct course or move right or left upon a highway unless and until such movement can be made with reasonable safety, and then only after giving an appropriate signal in the manner hereinafter provided, in the event any other vehicle may be affected by the movement.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear CompuLady. Don't let it bring you down though. I personally try to minimize the reasons for why they can pull me over tho. I would suggest doing the same.

The first time I was pulled over on my bike it was for a 56/30. The officer was polite and played it by the book. He gave me a break and wrote it for 56/30 Speeding. Saving me about $3K in fines if he would have wrote it for 56/30 Reckless in the state of VA. Went to court and the judge dismissed it after seeing I took the drivers improvement class even before coming to court and the officer standing up for me saying I was also polite and respectful.

Glad to hear your first was gentle with only afine