Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Well, my cherry's been officially broken.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well, my cherry's been officially broken.

ORIGINAL: compulady5

So do I. I have rear and front signals.

Ok.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:38 PM

It happens.No matter where you are at.Cages or bikes..
Some police just look for a reason to pull you over..Ive been pulled over before (in my cage) because my tailights "looked" to dim..

Ive learned just be nice and deal with it..Some actually give us a break..Got pulled over a month ago on the way to work(says i was doing 79 in a 55--sticking with traffic). But was nice ,no hassles and got off with a 69 in a 55 (anything under 14 over = no points,nothing reported to the dmv ,just a fine)..

Old 01-05-2008, 10:49 PM

I was tricked coming into this tread...Bad Title, So i am going to slowly and hit the back button.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I'm going to be VERY blunt here.

Your plate is mounted illegally. Plain and simple. It's facing down, and tucked underneath the battery box. In every state, that is illegal. Of course you got a ticket for it. You didn't take the time to research the local laws that states what is and isn't an acceptable mounting location. I'm so sick of these threads making cops look like the bad guys when it was YOU who committed the violation in the first place. And just because we ride bikes doesn't mean we can slap our license plates anywhere we damn well please.

So I apologize I'm coming off as rude, but when I hear a bunch of whiners on a thread, pissed off because they break the law and get a ticket for it........................it's just aggravating.
Here's the only problem I have with that Blue Fox.....Because you are absolutely correct...the plate is mounted "illegaly". When a cop walks up and down a line of bikes and picks..... and randomly chooses....... where and whomto write a ticket...that pretty much blows. Ive worked with a number of law enforcement personnel including California Highway Patrol, and local city cops and sherriff deputies. All these guys were top notch people who wouldput their lives on the line for people like you and me. I've asked them about these very things. The problem is that sportbikes are a huge target because of all the idiots who run around town doing two or three times the speed limit, pulling wheelies, cutting in and out of traffic etc. We all pay the price for that. I'm the most boring guy in the world...I do the speed limit, pay my taxes, productive employed citizen, go to bed at 9:00 o'clock, respect authority, vote, mow my lawn, hold the door open for people, take my kids to little league practice, salute the troops at the 4th of July Parade, and respect any and all law officers. But Dear Lord.....if my one and only indulgence is a Honda Motorcycle and I dont have the proper (insert whatever piece of equipment or mod you want in here). geeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz give me a break. When you conduct your whole life like "leave it to beaver" and gotta sweat ridin your one and only escape frrom the pressures of the world because your taillight isnt mounted correctly...or license plate is obscured. Well that sucks in my book. But i will go back to your first sentence....its illegal....your right....cant argue that fact....and our nations law enforcement folks are top notch. There should be some compromise here though.......*END RANT*

Old 01-05-2008, 11:02 PM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

You dont have to signal to change lanes, but you do when changing direction.

I find them useful.
Texas law requires operating turn signals if they were OEM (which basically means 1960 model year and later). You arenot required to ever use them, however. You are required to signal both lane changesand turns(100' before for a turn), but you can do it with hand signals. The "Fail to signal when changing lanes'" is what they usually charge you with when you're weaving in and out of traffic.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:22 AM

ORIGINAL: randyjoy

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

You dont have to signal to change lanes, but you do when changing direction.

I find them useful.
Texas law requires operating turn signals if they were OEM (which basically means 1960 model year and later). You arenot required to ever use them, however. You are required to signal both lane changesand turns(100' before for a turn), but you can do it with hand signals. The "Fail to signal when changing lanes'" is what they usually charge you with when you're weaving in and out of traffic.

I was stating Florida. I've been pulled over in my cage lane changing 3 times. That was the only Texas ***** cop I've ever meet. He was young, so I'm sure that was part of it.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a friend of mine was pulled over and told to relocate his tag....and it was his last warning. the officer told him that it is now (i live in MD) a automatic 6pt ticket for "concieling identity" if the officers cannot see it clearly.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:45 AM
July 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: jaynd

a friend of mine was pulled over and told to relocate his tag....and it was his last warning. the officer told him that it is now (i live in MD) a automatic 6pt ticket for "concieling identity" if the officers cannot see it clearly.
Sounds kinda like nonsense. Look up the law yourself.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:49 AM

I can see my tag from where I am sitting. It is pinned to the cork board that is mounted on the wall right in front of me. That is the solution...and I dont stop for cops.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Aken

ORIGINAL: jaynd

Sounds kinda like nonsense. Look up the law yourself.
well it was after that BIIIIIIG incident on the beltway here where a biker ran from the cops and no one could read his tag and during the pursuit, the police (if i remember correctly) rearended a van and pushed it off the road, killing someone in the van. (biker got away)

Quick Reply: Well, my cherry's been officially broken.