F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Popped my cherry!

Old 05-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Popped my cherry!

Being new to riding Ihad no idea what it felt like to go 3 digits on the speedo. Well yesterday on a nice straight stretch of road I finally did it...102!!! Needless to say it was a bit nerve racking but fun. Had full gear on of course. I felt like a bullet...nothing was shaking, swaying or anything...just a straight line down the road. I know most of you have done this at speeds much higher but I just wanted to share my experience. Of course this comes 3 days after I just passed the MSF basic rider course.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Popped my cherry!

my fastest is in the low 90's i believe. lol, and you may get some negative feedback about you're last sentence. atleast you took the course and wore all the proper gear.but sounds cool dude, i'd like to hit 3 digits but i need to get some protective pants.

ride safe

Old 05-02-2007, 10:55 AM
BB

Yeah, doesn't take much on these bikes. The first time I did it, I was just passing a car on a two lane road. Clicked down two gears and didn'teven give it that much throttle, but the gauge read 101 went I got back over.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ haha seriously! merging out into traffic has to be my favorite. 0-80 and having NO idea you are really traveling that quick until you glance down once you are out. definately doesnt take much.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow...took the MSF course and didn't learn anything eh? muahhahhaha...

noob...please define FULL GEAR...

Old 05-02-2007, 01:05 PM

Helmet, gloves, jacket, jeans, boots. I learned a ton but these things were built for this. I'm not a squid looking to wheelie and do burn outs but its amazing getting that kind of performance out of an engine. It wasnt to "impress" anyone either...just looking to get something out of this beast. I'm hoping to get some track time and learn what else I can do with it.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:50 PM

u guys cant rip on him for wanting to go fast. hes right, man these things are built for speed. As long as you arent a dumbass doin 100 down mainstreet or on the interstate in heavy traffic, then no big deal. like said he wasnt doin it to look cool, he was doin it to have fun. u cant rip on a guy for havin some fun, when he only endangers himself

Old 05-02-2007, 01:52 PM

Good lookin' out man. You just reiterated my point. Their not cruisers, their not off-road...their sport. And I was just making a point that it was pretty amazing to be on a two-wheeled vehicle going at that speed without a steel cage around yah.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:55 PM

Unless you have a speedo-healer, you probably weren't going triple digits dude.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:04 PM

I've heard that our speedo-s can be up to 10% off, esp. at higher speeds. Regardless, just be careful out there - 3 days after the msf is not a lot, I still get a little nervous at those speeds 6 months after msf.

However, around here crusing speed is 85mph so hopping up to 100 really takes no time at all, and it can be fun - just be careful!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Popped my cherry!