Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Well I'm home from my trip

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Well I'm home from my trip

Yup I made it home safe n' sound about 9:00 tonight. Truly depressing having to come back to SoFla, BUT I was still in a strangely good mood, knowing my days here in FL are shortly numbered I'll keep this kinda short since I'm pretty tired now, but I'll post more later. Bike ran absolutely flawless the whole trip, not even so much as a hiccup! Though I did kinda scare myself in Chattanooga after leaving Aarons house... got going down the road and my speedo is reading 0, and then a few mins later the FI light comes on. Well turned out when I had put my cable back into my trunk I hit the speedohealer box and knocked a bunch of the little switches out of place. I thought I was gonna have to recalibrate it, but ended up just having to move the last 2 switches back to the off position and it started working again... phew!

Had my job interview in Winder, GA on thursday, which went very well! I almost made it to the huge bike night at "The Vortex" in downtown Atlanta on thursday night, but the guy I was with was having some intermittent charging issues with his bike, and by the time we got to our first stop at a place called "The Varsity" also in downtown Atlanta, his bike was DEAD as a doornail... wouldn't even bumpstart. Luckily somebody had some cables, and I had tools so we jumpstarted his bike off mine. It started charging again but we decided it was best to just get back home instead of risking getting stranded somewhere. Next day I left his house in Suwannee and all day friday to play, so I headed up to the GAP again for one last run before heading home. Did the Cherohala Skyway, which was freakin awsome this time cuz it was a ghost town... NOBODY on it and I had it all to myself. Then did the dragon again but there was popo so I had to stick to near the speed limit [:@] Made my way back down to Athens by sunset and met up with a guy from another forum, crashed at his house then left saturday morning to head home. Stayed with a buddy of mine in Orlando last night and most of the day today, left there about 6:00 or so.

All in all, trip went GREAT!! No accidents or incidents, no tickets, no problems at all. Got to hang with some old friends and meet some new ones too. Actually had fantastic weather too, though it was VERY hot in spots, but up in the mountains was great. Top of the Skyway it was about 65-70 degrees and very low humidity. I almost fell asleep up there it was so quiet and relaxing. Guess it's good to be home though. Expect LOTS of pics in the next couple days... I have 345 of them It'll take me a lil while to sort through them all though and write up a nice ride report

For now we're both taking a lil break for the night... she's been working hard all week. Total mileage for the trip was 2,920, though it's actually about 20 more cuz of the whole speedo incident, lol. And damnit I don't want to go to work tomorrow
Name:  DSC02982.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  93.6 KB

Oh yea and BTW..... I got the job So that means come the end of Octboer, my *** it getting the hell outta FL for good!!

Old 09-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Well I'm home from my trip

Congrats on the great trip and job interview! Can't wait to finish school and move to Robinsville, NC! It's awesome up there! Oh, btw... Isn't you're F4i a 2004 model, like the seat mod if it is.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like another great roadie there ThirdGen! Congrats on the new job --- now you're closer to the Gap. Nice!

Old 09-09-2007, 10:13 PM

Congrats on the job and glad to hear your trip went well. Btw, is that the Delorean from Back to the Future on your shelf?

Old 09-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: Wildcat

Sounds like another great roadie there ThirdGen! Congrats on the new job --- now you're closer to the Gap. Nice!
Oh yea I forgot to mention that.... on friday I rode from the Dragon to the town I'll be living in.... it was 160 miles. If I'm easy on the throttle I can make it there on one tank of gas! There may be different routes though, that was just the one I took. Can't complain, it's alot closer than the 800 something miles I'm away from it now! hahah

I smell LOTS of weekend trips to the GAP in my near future!

Old 09-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: EPNF4i

Congrats on the job and glad to hear your trip went well. Btw, is that the Delorean from Back to the Future on your shelf?
That it is I think we have a remote around here for it somewhere.... no idea where though, lol. There's actually a guy in the area here that has a real delorean..... me and my roomate have both seen it out driving a few times

Old 09-10-2007, 02:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats brotha!!!!!!!!! sounds like you and you're two wheel companion had a hell of'a time! me and my g/f are very seriously tossing around the idea of making the move to NC in a year or so, cant wait to see what all the comotion is about Deals Gap.

looking forward to you're pics too. glad to hear the bike ran w/o any problems.

oh, and COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGRATS ON THE JOB!!!!!!!!

Old 09-10-2007, 06:57 AM
VP

congrats on the job and sounds like an awesome trip ... sorry I didn't answer my phone keep in mind man on your way back through give me a heads up so I keep my phone on me...I'll take you around some of the better roads here

Old 09-10-2007, 01:52 PM

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

Oh yea I forgot to mention that.... on friday I rode from the Dragon to the town I'll be living in.... it was 160 miles. If I'm easy on the throttle I can make it there on one tank of gas! There may be different routes though, that was just the one I took. Can't complain, it's alot closer than the 800 something miles I'm away from it now! hahah

I smell LOTS of weekend trips to the GAP in my near future!
next time you head up there give me a shout and we can meet in jacksonville or somewhere cause i got the itch to head up there but i wont do it by myself.
congrats on the job and what wsa the "speedo incient?"
lol take i easy man
JonBrown

Old 09-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear you had a fun safe trip. Grats on the job too!

Speedo incident = when his speedohealer was turned off