Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Well I made it up here to GA

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 11:24 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Well I made it up here to GA

ORIGINAL: TEN

Sweet man! welcome. I am over in the warner robins area also. Over in Byron. Let's all get a ride together sometime. Enjoy the southern belles and GA peaches.
Yea I'll try and set something up once I get back into town and settled. I'm in Lake City, FL right now, on my way back down to SoFla to pick up my car and trailer, but should be back by thursday night if everything goes according to plan [&:]

Old 10-31-2007, 08:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

ORIGINAL: white99gt

Welcome to ga.Remember if you ride in atlanta add 30mph to the speed limit if you dont want to get ran over.

Im in stockbridge (about a 50~60 miles from athens).So you have a lot of peaple around here that ride.

SO what dealership are you working for(im a dealership tech myself)..
LOL yea I hate going anywhere around Atlanta... hell last night I was going back to Athens from my buddies house in Acworth, coming down I-75 and on the ramp getting onto 285 and got big time cut off right on the ramp! Idiots I tell you [:@] Same way down in SoFla though... if you weren't going at least 90 you'd get run over.

I'm working at Akins Ford (+ Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep too) in Winder... I'm a diesel tech for Ford. Where you work at??
No far down the street ,i work in duluth @ atlanta toyota(16 years with toyota) -Diesel tech ,humm there is good money lot of call for for them..But hel there is a call for any good tech nowadays..

Old 10-31-2007, 09:30 AM

Congrats on the move. Hope you have a great time.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:49 PM

I'm working at Akins Ford (+ Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep too) in Winder... I'm a diesel tech for Ford. Where you work at??
I knew a guy who use to work at Akins Ford a while back. He does painting and will probably end up painting my bike once I get it up and running. He is one hell of a painter.

Which you need to ask about a Hail Storm that came through there a few years ago. I believe it totalled or severly damaged every car on the lot. Which I'm sure their insurance just loved.

Diesel mechanicing is probably one job I wouldn't want to have and kudos to those who do it. Mainly becuase the problem with Diesels (Especially Semis and other large trucks) is when someone does bring it in for repair. It's because the vehicle can absolutely without any question not operate on the road at all. And they want you to do it right for next to nothing.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:44 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Asmittie84

I knew a guy who use to work at Akins Ford a while back. He does painting and will probably end up painting my bike once I get it up and running. He is one hell of a painter.

Which you need to ask about a Hail Storm that came through there a few years ago. I believe it totalled or severly damaged every car on the lot. Which I'm sure their insurance just loved.

Diesel mechanicing is probably one job I wouldn't want to have and kudos to those who do it. Mainly becuase the problem with Diesels (Especially Semis and other large trucks) is when someone does bring it in for repair. It's because the vehicle can absolutely without any question not operate on the road at all. And they want you to do it right for next to nothing.
Not necessarily... believe it or not from my experience, the limo people are the absolute WORST. I worked at a Lincoln-Mercury dealer where we worked on the big stretch limos (Town Cars/Excursions/Navigators/ect), and I can honestly say that 99% of the limo people are straight up scum (no offense to anyone here that might own/operate a limo company... just speaking from my experience). Wouldn't want to pay for anything, would never want to leave the car, expected everything RIGHT NOW. The diesel people are an absolute dream come true compared to the limo people. And the diesel guys DO spend alot on their trucks, mainly because they're work trucks and they make them money, and just like us techs that work flat rate, time is money. So they can't afford to have breakdowns. At the dealership I was at it was horse country... we had ALOT of polo trucks that were used to tow big $$ horses all over the country. I had customers that would just say... "look, I tow 1/2 million $$ horses with this truck, I can't have it break down anywhere. Do whatever you have to do to make it right". Whatever it was in repairs/maintence/ect, they just wanted it done. Often times it wasn't "how much?", but rather "how soon can you have it done?". Just about any Ford dealer is on average has a 2 week wait time for diesel work, and the customers know this when they drop it off. I can usually get them out the door quicker though, so they're happy and don't bitch too much.

Every area has it's pros and cons though. But I enjoy the diesel work... it's different and not something everybody wants to do. And when it comes to driveability it's actually easier than the gas motors. Plus we're in such high demand (ford is really short of good diesel techs), we can damn near get away with murder!

I'll have to ask them about the hail storm... sounds like the one we had up in northern Illinois back in 1998