Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So I made this bet...

Old 06-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I made this bet...

This post is going to make me look like a real loser, but

Been working at the same place for 5 years now and I haven't been in a serious relationship for 3 years. My boss thinks it's hilarious so he's always giving me crap about it. He's always trying to "help" me by introducing me to every female he sees regardless of age, looks, or personality. The first thing he says to me every morning, 7 days a week, is "so...you find a woman yet?"

His greatest joy is getting me in awkward situations with girls and watching me try to fumble my way out of them. For example, the other day I'm pumping fuel at the gas station and I see there's a really cute girl working the register that I've never seen before. I decided to go inside the station and buy a pop so I could meet her, brilliant right? Well as soon as I walk in I see my boss pull up in his truck. He sees me, he sees the girl and he gets a big 'ole smile on his face.

I'm thinking, oooh s***

He walks in the store and immediately says to the girl (in a very loud voice so everyone can hear) "So, are you married, or single?" Her face turns red and she say she's single. Without skipping a beat my boss points at me and yells "No way! Hey so is that guy over there! You guys should date!" He then gave me a thumbs up, walked out the door, and stood outside looking in the window at us with his face pressed against the glass.

I did end up asking her out but after talking to her on the phone a few times I realized it wasn't going to work out. But anyway...

A couple months ago I bet him $200 that I would have a date by the 4th of July, and I'm starting to get a little nervous. My boss has even sabotaged me by telling potential dates about our bet (apparently girls don't like being a betting subject , who'da thunk)

So guys, any advice other than to start throwing myself at random girls? Haha that $200 would buy some pretty sweet things for the bike!

Old 06-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Find some girl you can talk to where you know your boss won't be popping in and trying to sabotage things. Then offer to take her out somewhere that will cost you around $100. Afterward, you'll still have another $100 left from the bet.

However, if your boss is bugging you about this a lot while you're at work and it bothers you it is called 'sexual harassment'. Remind him of that and see if it the problem stops.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:11 PM

I'm sure you can find a date on craigslist for 5 bucks. She may have a **** and ***** but hey a bet is a bet.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by cynicalrider
I'm sure you can find a date on craigslist for 5 bucks. She may have a **** and ***** but hey a bet is a bet.
^^^ this lol

Old 06-10-2011, 02:44 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Nate can give you a good advise. He is the expert.

When in doubt, you can always tell the girl "wow look ar your muscle!! "

Old 06-10-2011, 03:22 PM

lol your boss sounds like my boss :P always joking around and making fun

Old 06-10-2011, 03:29 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

idk if ide ask anyone with superman tattoo for advice but then again what do i know

<3 ya nate

Old 06-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't mention what I would do. lol...
But yeah.... craigslist works.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:30 PM

Honestly, I think you're boss may have been helping at first. Sure, it's embarassing that he is loud and obnoxious about trying to get girls to go out with you, but it breaks the ice and it sort of worked on the gas station girl. Even if it didn't work out dating wise, who knows if you would have actually pulled a number without him jumping in.

If your boss keeps telling girls about the bet then use it against him. When your boss isn't paying attention, tell one of them you'll split the $200 with her if she plays along. $100 each, get to throw it in your boss' face, and you might even have a good enough time to spark more dates. Great story for the grandkids right there.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
Find some girl you can talk to where you know your boss won't be popping in and trying to sabotage things. Then offer to take her out somewhere that will cost you around $100. Afterward, you'll still have another $100 left from the bet.

However, if your boss is bugging you about this a lot while you're at work and it bothers you it is called 'sexual harassment'. Remind him of that and see if it the problem stops.
No no you got it all wrong, it's all in good fun. He calls me a short desperate flunky and I turn around and call him a fat balding old dude. I think it's hilarious but I refuse to lose this bet. Just met a girl at Mcdonalds (haha), she told me to write my number down and she would give me a call...I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So I made this bet...