Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Well, I did it! I am a lawyer....

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well, I did it! I am a lawyer....

hopefully i will get in to patent litigation at some point (my true joy)
Good, I have two engineering degrees and it is good to know that people are out there with a passion to defend intellectual property. Good luck.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Well congratulations you set a goal for yourself. Evaluate what it would take to accomplish this goal and accomplish the task. You should be very proud of yourself. Wish you all the luck in the world. Do have a question concerning your chosen in signatures. Noticed you now have Esquire on the end of yuor name. Is there a major difference between a Lawyer, a Solicitor , a Esquire and a Barrator ?

Old 10-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awsome bro... CONGRATS!!! [sm=smiley20.gif][sm=yeahsmile.gif] Looks like lots of hard work payed off for you... good luck with it!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:47 PM

Congrats man that is awesome. now just for laughs you need to put "I'M A LAWYER DONT f*&^ with me!!" on ur bike lol. that will keep those tailgaters off. even if you arent That kind of lawyer they dont know that
congrats again.
JonBrown

Old 10-01-2007, 08:58 PM

Congratulations counselor. Sounds like a long educational road which I hope will pay off. What type of law to plan to practice? My father went to law school at the University of Washington. He passed the bar and confessed to my mom he couldn't practice law and live with himself. He went on to become a prominent and hugely successful stock broker. Don't take me wrong, there are many great lawyers but my point is with your excellent education you can do many things.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Registered Users

HARDCORP....i appreciate your words of encouragement...it's been a pain, but definitely worth it....seeing my number last night telling me i passed was a culmination of not only my academic career, but a struggle in my personal life to balance the work and my wife, friends, and family....as for the difference between the aforementioned suffixes and descriptions...barristers and solicitors are still used today in england...the US never really adopted those terms, esquire is merely a title somewhat adopted into the legal field...i believe it actually means gentleman or something to the like....if you check wikipedia...it gives you a good idea....(oddly enough, they don't teach you any of this in law school, have to find this out for yourself...haha)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esquire

and to zorgen, i am doing patent law....a few posts above, i wrote i had a hard time dealing with the moral implications of most areas of law....whether its the truth or a mere rationalization i have made to justify it, patent law seems to have the least moral ramifications of any other area of law...it's also primarily engineering so ehhh...

to everyone else...i truly appreciate the kinds words, the last three and half years have been a struggle, i am just glad it's over and i can sort of start to live without something always hanging over my shoulder...

Old 10-02-2007, 12:56 AM

ORIGINAL: ffingers

..the last three and half years have been a struggle, i am just glad it's over and i can sort of start to live without something always hanging over my shoulder...
Congrats. Start riding!

Btw, if anyone can come up with some design ideas to fix the new CBR1000 The Law Offices of Ffingers, Esq. will be there to represent you.