Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

anyone know a good lawyer in NJ

Old 04-02-2007, 06:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know a good lawyer in NJ

my name is marc:

like the title says anyone know a really good lawyer.

last night at 11:45pm my dad slipped and fell on the steps of a club (he was not drunk had not consumed any alcohol) he snapped his ankle 180degrees (his foot was facing backwards).and none of the ****ing ******** had the ***** at the bar wanted to drive him home, so he drove himself home only a few miles but still.
we rush him to the emergencey room they take x-rays and snap it back inot place and put a cast splint thing onit. it turns out he broke both the bones in his left ankle and he has to have surgery to have two plates inserted into his ankle with screws.

my concern is that the place is too sketchy to have any insurance for this type of thing and my dad does not have any insurance being self employed.

is there anything i can do, im really concerned the doctor said he may not be able to walk on it for atleast 3-4 months.

please if anyone can help me please call me on my cell phone or message me here

cell number732-485-1278 please again if anyone has any ideas or can lend any help please dont hesitate..

thank you all

Old 04-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Default RE: anyone know a good lawyer in NJ

Istudy Criminal Justice and will be graduating in May. What I can tell you is find yourself a lawyer, can't give you a specific one as I live in MA, not NJ. But, whether they have insurance or not, they can be sued. What were the conditions like where he fell, anything unsafe, not attended to that caused his fall? any witnesses that would take your side? Furthermore when you do sue, account for everything (medical bills, time lost at work, pain and suffering, hardships that may have resulted, etc.)

Lastly, before you sue, get a lawyer squared away, determine the $$ amount for damages, and go to the owner first. Crank up the $$ amount 20% and tell them that is what you want before you sue, you can bargain with that 20%, and if they still say "sue me", then go right ahead. Keep in mind, this may take a while to get it all settled in the courts, but i'd definately do it, if the place is shady or not, worst case you will own the place by the time the lawsuit is over with, there are too many bonehead business owners out there that deserve to be taught a lesson.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:31 PM

aaron1085

Not being rude but you are way off. What college are you studying Criminal Justice at. Are you graduating and recieving a Associates Degree or Bachelors of Science Degree? If you were getting a Bachelors then you would know a criminal justice degreeis totally and way far off fromthen a degree in law.

NJf4i

Unless your father can prove that the establishment had a gross neglect for safety that caused his accident then sorry to say he is on hes own. Then I understand you being upset that no one would drive him home, But thats where they could get into trouble. (if they did) They should have at least called a cab or a ambulance. Did you father asked them to call for medical help? Still it is not there responsibility how your father gets home. I can see what they will say. "Well, he walked off and drove himself home so he must have been fine." He should have never done that. He should have insistead a ambulance was called. Because, by going home then to the hospital later. All the club is going to try to say is that he hurt himself later and is trying to say that it happened at there club.

If you wanna talk to a attorney most consultations are free. Most attorneys will take accident cases where they don not get paid unless they win a settlement for you. Then they take a percentage of the settlemenet. Thats why they will only take cases that they know for sure they can win. Otherwise they are going to charge you, alot. Then the whole thing will only take a couple of years to handle.

But do what ya gotta do and I wish your father the best.

The days of people falling and sueing for money are far over. Kinds sucks because of all the fakers in the past, ruined itfor real people who get hurt.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:10 AM

cbr_racin123

Yes, seeing that I am recieving a BACHELOR's DEGREE I am quite sure a Criminal Justice degree is different than a law degree, no need to treat me like a moron man! I've taken law classes, never said I was in law school or anything like that, just offering advice, geez!

Anyways... like I said, if the conditions were un safe or something along those lines and the man fell, the club is liable. If they did not help him and he asked for help, they are liable. you are right, by him getting up and driving away, that did not help his case, but none the less. If you can find some way to make it as though the club had unsafe stairs or sandy sidewalks and no caution signs or something like that, than they are at fault.

I'm tired of people on boards putting others down like a bunch of idiots for saying something they don't agree with, simply state YOUR OWN opinion and move on, dont treat me or others like we are retards and don't know what we are talking about like you are a frickin' GOD OF LAWS...

Old 04-03-2007, 12:32 AM

the steps that he fell off, do not have a handrail or anything on them. i went to the place today and took pictures and videotapes

Old 04-03-2007, 01:33 AM

im sorry to hear that happend to your father. but let me get this strait your father fell down stairs and broke his ankel and your suing the establishment?

what would have happend if your dad fell down the stairs of your house and no one was home? would you really wanted him to get in a car with a bunch of people drinking at a bar all night?

neglegence isnt an easy thing to prove.

hey you know what would really suck if a jehovah witness came to your house and slipped on your step and broke their ankle and sued you.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:33 AM

ORIGINAL: aaron1085

cbr_racin123

Yes, seeing that I am recieving a BACHELOR's DEGREE I am quite sure a Criminal Justice degree is different than a law degree, no need to treat me like a moron man! I've taken law classes, never said I was in law school or anything like that, just offering advice, geez!

Anyways... like I said, if the conditions were un safe or something along those lines and the man fell, the club is liable. If they did not help him and he asked for help, they are liable. you are right, by him getting up and driving away, that did not help his case, but none the less. If you can find some way to make it as though the club had unsafe stairs or sandy sidewalks and no caution signs or something like that, than they are at fault.

I'm tired of people on boards putting others down like a bunch of idiots for saying something they don't agree with, simply state YOUR OWN opinion and move on, dont treat me or others like we are retards and don't know what we are talking about like you are a frickin' GOD OF LAWS...

I look at it if your going to give advise especially about the law to someone in need know what your talking about. Don't say, "Istudy Criminal Justice and will be graduating in May." Because someone is going to think, because of your statement, you know the law.

Did not mean to offend you. I pointed out that you were wrong and you got upset.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:19 PM

fair enough, you pointed out i was wrong in a way that could have been a bit nicer, but it was late last night when i wrote this, so let's just call it over with.. i do not profess i know the law, simply trying to help, but i see your point and 95 camaro's point... best of luck with whatever happens to be the turn out Marc, let us know.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Banned

Too bad about your Dad's ankle...I hope he can still work...It sounds like your Dad kinda spazzed out and took a header...sometimes we have to take responsibilities for our own actions...I hope things work out.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:31 PM

We had this discussion already....consults are free from most attorneys. Do not go to one that doesn't offer a free consult.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone know a good lawyer in NJ