Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Weird E-Mail

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Weird E-Mail

such a old as scam, i actually went with it one time, i knew it was a scam but i wanted to see if i really could get something from them.. about 2-3 months later i got this cashiers check in the mail, of course i knew it was fake, but o well it was funny

Old 03-03-2008, 01:49 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's one I just got this morning...a variation on the usual theme...oh what a surprise it's Nigeria again and they're gonna make me so rich....it's surely my lucky day...

Note how they include the website addresses in an attempt to make it look all the more convincing...

I think I'm just going to die laughing...

Legal Practitioner,
Solicitor and Advisor.

Greetings!

I am Barrister Bishop Cole Esq.personal attorney to late Engr.Mark Jameson your deceased relation who use to work as an expertriate contractor with Zenith Oil and Gas Plc here in Nigeria herein after shall be referred to as my client.

Late Engr.Mark Jameson and his entire family (wife and two children) were involve in a plane crash on 29 Oct 2006 unfortunately my client and his entire family lost their lives.

Check the websites below for the story of the explosion
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/30/wo...30nigeria.html
http://www.chinadaily.net/world/2006...ent_719413.htm

Since then I have made several enquiries to your embassy to locate any of the Jameson family, his extended relatives or anybody that has the same surname,but was unsuccessful.

My purpose of contacting you is to assist in receiving the funds left behind by my late client prior to his death before the withholding bank declared it as "Uclaim" where the deceased had an account valued at about USD$12.5M(Twelve Million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars) with Strategic Finance & Securities Limited.

The bank had issued me a notice after series of court injuction restraining the bank from confiscating the funds to provide the next of kin or have the funds confiscated within the next 14 official working days.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives over a year for now,I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you have the same surname so that the proceeds of this account valued at USD$12.5M can be paid to you and then we can both split it on our agreed sharing ratio.

I will provide all the necessary official and legal documents that can be used to back up your claim.

All I require is your honest co-operation to enable me as the legal attorney to the deceased in seeing that you are paid this funds after which I will join you in your country for the disbursement.

I guarantee that this transaction will be executed legitimately within the legal frame of the law to protect you from any legal consequences before and after the transaction is achieved.

As soon as I receive your acceptance in principle,I will furnish you with the necessary modalities for commencement of the claim.

I anticipate your very quick reply to my private email address:bishopcole@excite.com

Yours Sincerely,
Barrister Bishop Cole Esq.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:03 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This e-mail is another version of the "Nigerian scam" - if you respond they'll ask you for money for " administration expenses", which you'll never see again......
They keep trying it, and some people actually fall for it........
Another one is the "you've won the Lottery" scam - same crap, different people.
Emanates from Nigeria, Central Africa (where a lot of the drugs entering the US are transported from, on their way from the Far East)
Hope this helps.