Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wave to scooters?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008 | 09:15 PM
Default RE: Wave to scooters?

Here almost everyone rides a moped or scooter. I wave to anyone that waved at me. I'm more used to give a nod anyway.

Old 08-18-2008 | 09:32 PM

Are you kidding, I waved to a bicyclist yesterday. Bastard didn't wave back...damn punk 10 yr olds.

Old 08-18-2008 | 09:33 PM

i am partial to waving to ANYONE, some times a head nod will suffice....sometimes i wave when waved to, sometimes i wave and don't get waved back to....oh well....f em

Old 08-18-2008 | 09:40 PM

y the custom bikers that dont wave back.
ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

So, we all bitch about the Harley and Cruiser guys not waving to us when we wave to them...........so then how is that different from us not waving to scooters?

Honestly, if someone actually thinks they're "cooler" because they have a sportbike, and using that as a basis for not waving to scooters..........that person has some serious ego problems.
+1

Actually I have nothing against Harley community either. Why would I need to be an a.h. to someone IF he is friendly. I just ignore the a.holes.

On the other hand scooters are fun if you are living at a small seaside town. I don't enjoy them in the city.

Old 08-18-2008 | 09:44 PM
Retired Moderator

I'm going to invent one that u can slap on your helmet with a constantly waving hand .. like those clapping hands hats, that way no one feels left out ...
+1 to rrasco.

Old 08-18-2008 | 09:50 PM

I wave the Dirty Sanchez or the Stinky Finger at them.

Old 08-18-2008 | 09:51 PM

I waved to a bicyclist the other day. She didn't wave back because she was riding her bike with no handlebars eating a bowl of soup...

It was the dammest thing...

Old 08-18-2008 | 10:14 PM
|

Well I guess there's somethin to be said bout the guys ridin em down the interstate or somethin like that. That does take a pair, especially when you can't really go any faster than you already are!!! I don't know, I've just always thought that scooter peeps don't really understand the common bond that all bikers have. Thats why I don't wave at em, ya they're on two wheels, but its for different reasons than why I ride. Yes, its nice to get good fuel economy, but thats not why I ride my bike, its just a side effect of it.

Old 08-19-2008 | 01:25 AM

What the hell is it with people and associating people with the vehicles they own? When it gets down to it whoever you are isnt what you drive. I wouldnt wave to someone that cut me off or sprayed windshield wiper fluid at me because they think its funny, but I don't think that the vehicle you drive defines you. I just dont understand why you guys have to feel that way about people.. as for me, Im all about being friendly.

Old 08-19-2008 | 01:50 AM

Down here in S.A. the dudes with the big bikes are the friendliest ones and always greet each other on the roads. The guys on the scooters are the ones who are big headed and dont greet at all. Guys on big bikes would stop at the robots and chat to each other, complimenting each others bikes while the scooter guys act like they are driving CBR 1000's and you are not worthy to even look at them.

Dumb asses...

Quick Reply: Wave to scooters?