Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Are voters more entitled to freedom of speech?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are voters more entitled to freedom of speech?

If you intend to vote, you should care enough to educate yourself on the issues (more so than the candidate) And if you have educated yourself on the issues, then you should care enough to vote........ Just my opinion

I think most people just vote on looks, personality, charisma..........not issues, thats for sure.

I cant tell you how many times I have set and talked issues with someone.....agreed on every point till it comes down to who we are voting for and they are voting for someone who opposes them on the issues.......Cant understand people.......

Old 10-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Retired Moderator

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. That makes sense. I guess the argument could be better stated. If you don't do anything to alleviate a situation, then why would you complain about it? Say your house is only heated by a wood stove. If you bitch about it being cold in the house, and don't start a fire, that is silly. Get off your *** and build a fire, yes? You can think a candidate or president sucks, but you have a little bit of ownership if you voted. If your candidate loses, you can be twice as bitchy and say things like, "Well I didn't vote for him!" One thing I know is, my opinions about any given topic are usually the best ones...

P.S. This thread is tip-toeing right on the line.Havoc is busyaddressing the edges on his axe, so let's keep it within the rules. Thanks.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:12 PM

sorta along the same line. The thing I can't stand is all of this "rock the vote" and everyone trying to get younger people to register to vote. My take on it is this. If you dont follow politics, then dont vote. I think all of this everyone needs to vote does more harm than good. You have a bunch of uneducated people decided who runs out country.

I am registered vote, but I doubt I will vote this year. To be honest, I havent followed politics close enough in the past few years to make an informed decision. But, there will be about 50 percent of the people casting votes that cant make an informed decision either..

But shoortbuss, I agree, just because you dont vote, doesnt mean you cant' complain or give an opinion. Our choices lately are kind of like someone asking you if you want to be shot in the head or in the package...... You really dont want either, but you really cant make a good choice either..

Old 10-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

most ppl vote for whatever party their parents did n dont have a fin clue!! You all have heard n met em, (I am voting democrat regardless!!) yes lil sheep do wtf youre told and dont question it!!!

Old 10-03-2008, 02:24 PM

I have a pretty simple stance on this and sort of agree with the OP but sort of not:

1. We can all agree that there are different intelligence levels throughout the U.S. and it's every citizens RIGHT to vote regardless...that's why it's America.

2. Why put as much thought into this and point fingers at people who shouldn't be voting, and not vote yourself?

3. I agree whole heartedly with vodoo, take some ownership actualy voting is 5% of the effort required, why do the other 95%.

P.S. I hate the "Rock to Vote" scheme as well...Because Jay Z says vote, and has a specific party's propaganda all over the place doesn't mean he's more intelligent than the homeless guy on the street yet, they still follow the foot steps.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. That makes sense. I guess the argument could be better stated. If you don't do anything to alleviate a situation, then why would you complain about it? Say your house is only heated by a wood stove. If you bitch about it being cold in the house, and don't start a fire, that is silly. Get off your *** and build a fire, yes? You can think a candidate or president sucks, but you have a little bit of ownership if you voted. If your candidate loses, you can be twice as bitchy and say things like, "Well I didn't vote for him!" One thing I know is, my opinions about any given topic are usually the best ones...

P.S. This thread is tip-toeing right on the line.Havoc is busyaddressing the edges on his axe, so let's keep it within the rules. Thanks.
Voodoo, I think this thread will be just fine...If I didn't trust the members of this forum to stay objective on the sensitive issue of voting, I wouldn't have started this. Thus far, this is being handled pretty maturely despite a small harmless hiccup.

As for your example...If building a fire represents bringing about change in politics, then a single vote can be represented by a single grain of gun powder. Even an entire state in the electoral college system is barely 2 sticks rubbing together. Please don't rebutt by trying to convince me that my vote is important because it doesn't matter anyway. Even if my vote did matter, I don't agree with our 2-party system and I usually don't find either candidate altogether suited to run our country. I feel that the ideals of candidates representing the best interests of the people they represent has been replaced by representing their parties and the people and groups that influence these parties.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:54 PM

i would just like to here how my vote actually counts? honestly, how does my vote count, or anybody elses for that matter? "Yeah, we got to speak our minds" is complete bs. Show me, in the constitution, where it actually says the canidate with the popular vote from the PEOPLE and not the popular vote from the ELECTORAL college gets to pick the canidate and ill go out and vote. Or, id even go out and vote if it was mandated that the electoral college would have no other alternative to pick a different canidate other than the one his delegates had picked...id even vote then. But its not that way. yeah, 99% of the time, they follow you and i. but they still have that 1% that they can pick the future prez of our country and pay no regards to how we feel and thats why i dont vote. even though its only 1%, it is alot of power when you look at it. all it really takes is just them sayin "You know what, fack it, ima vote this way instead of that a way." and poof, all our hollorin and bitchen dont count for ****e. even if it was a landslide victory on behalf of the popular vote of the people they can still not pick that canidate and pick the other...how rediculous is that?

and as far as me not havin any opinions because i dont vote, well, you can kiss my educated *** then. im sorry that i can actually read and comprehend the constitution better than your toothless redneck ars or your tie-dye wearin treehuggin ars or even your pop-culture mtv wanna be "Vote or die" crap that you are screamin. they can all blow me, seriously, they can line up round the corner and give me the herp for all i care.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dizzie56

i would just like to here how my vote actually counts? honestly, how does my vote count, or anybody elses for that matter? "Yeah, we got to speak our minds" is complete bs. Show me, in the constitution, where it actually says the canidate with the popular vote from the PEOPLE and not the popular vote from the ELECTORAL college gets to pick the canidate and ill go out and vote. Or, id even go out and vote if it was mandated that the electoral college would have no other alternative to pick a different canidate other than the one his delegates had picked...id even vote then. But its not that way. yeah, 99% of the time, they follow you and i. but they still have that 1% that they can pick the future prez of our country and pay no regards to how we feel and thats why i dont vote. even though its only 1%, it is alot of power when you look at it. all it really takes is just them sayin "You know what, fack it, ima vote this way instead of that a way." and poof, all our hollorin and bitchen dont count for ****e. even if it was a landslide victory on behalf of the popular vote of the people they can still not pick that canidate and pick the other...how rediculous is that?

and as far as me not havin any opinions because i dont vote, well, you can kiss my educated *** then. im sorry that i can actually read and comprehend the constitution better than your toothless redneck ars or your tie-dye wearin treehuggin ars or even your pop-culture mtv wanna be "Vote or die" crap that you are screamin. they can all blow me, seriously, they can line up round the corner and give me the herp for all i care.
He has a good point. [8D]

Old 10-03-2008, 03:05 PM

Don't most states electoral colleges' vote in lines of the popular vote? I think only 2 states have that in writing though.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Retired Moderator

Please don't rebutt by trying to convince me that my vote is important because it doesn't matter anyway.
I am not saying that an individual's vote does much. It counts for one...out of 300 million. May as well go spit in the ocean and see how the volume increases. What I am saying is from my perspective.I like to vote. Voting makes me feel, however unimportant, like I said my peace. If enough people feel the way I do, that makes a difference. The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step. It is like Blinding Orange's motorcycle. I sent a few bucks his way. It would have never even come close to helping him, but someone else sent five, and another person sent 20, and anoither sent ten...until he made off with enough dough to keep the bike and put some gas in it. My money didn't do ****, and he would have made it without my help, but I feel like I was a part of something cool that happened. That is a poor example of what I am trying to relate, but it is the best I have until I hit the methadone clinic later this afternoon.

P.S. Rebutt is what doctors do to people getting booty implants. I think you meant "rebut"...

Quick Reply: Are voters more entitled to freedom of speech?