Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Violence in another Mc Donalds almost kills customer - What would you have done?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 01:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Now the real test of people's mettle: does that change anything?
It only changes the fact that its now a hate crime for multiple reasons.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:06 AM

Well with the gun idea completely dismissed and for good reasons. I know the laws for self defense in New York pretty much state you have to be dying before you can use lethal force to save yourself. IE the knife has to be in your stomach before you can dispatch the threat or you have to be completely helpless with no way of retreating. But that of course has a lot of grey areas and comes down to how the jury sees it and all that good stuff. But in situations like this I would think the more people you get involved the better. Rather than just one person trying to stop it why didn't every employee and customer in Mcdonalds just work together.

Two girls aren't going to take on 14 people and it could've been subdued without anymore serious injury to anyone. I know getting people to work together is pretty much impossible but it's sickening to think that all those people couldn't realize that together something could've been done. You don't need to beat the assailants just get enough people to hold them down or against a wall and then call the police. I feel like that would be the only way to avoid all the laws and lawsuits that come with defending a life by using force.

But I guess until you're in a situation like that you just don't know. I've seen how my father acted and hope that some day if the situation ever arises, god forbid, I can react in the same way and help someone out. In situations like that becoming fearless I guess is the only way to realize what needs to be done. Understand you're probably going to take some hits but with enough adrenaline you won't feel it and it shouldn't matter anyway. In the end someones life will hopefully be saved. Or depending on the level of the threat you'll be dead but every situation is different. I know I couldn't take on 7 guys beating on someone but in this specific setting it could've been prevented.

(I forget sometimes)

Last edited by Kevwa451; 04-24-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:17 AM

Its called the enter key and it breaks up HUGE blocks of text.

Last edited by NateDieselF4i; 04-24-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:41 PM

i have no patience for idiots acting like those two girls i would have stepped in and done something to stop the violence before it escilated to the situation that it bacame and as for the crew standing around doing nothing the main reason that happened was because they are probably friends with the 2 girls