Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Violence in another Mc Donalds almost kills customer - What would you have done?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Jpan, most of us that carry know that the mere act of drawing our weapon mean crossing a very big line. Everyone I've seen here that have a concealed license give me the impression that they understand using our weapons means ending a life. I personally can't take that responsibility casually. A clear cut case of defending a life, like if one pulled a knife, I'd unload and reload. But that's not a clear cut case.

Then there's the fact that drawing a weapon means escalating a bad situation to worse. Lets pretend I'm one of the attackers and you draw a gun, to scare me. You'd have just scared me enough to draw AND fire my own weapon. No question on whether I'm going to fire. The only question would ne who dies that night. And if I didn't die, if I killed you, its likely I'd get off on self-defense (maybe not here in PA since the law requires I attempt to retreat first) because you drew first. And again, having a weapon and not using it on the Vic proves I didn't have murderous intent.

Gun really is off limits in that situation.
wait, the last time i checked this was not feudal Japan and you are not a samurai, nor do you carry a katana. Just because you draw your weapon, you do not have to shoot, there is no legal code forcing you to do this. You do not have to kill, and I am not asking you to kill. What I am saying is that people should draw and try to neutralize the threat. If nothing happens, fire a warning shot. but if they keep beating the **** out of the person or attack you, shoot them in the leg. if they pull a weapon to kill, then shoot to kill.

Why do you think that you have to end a life by simply drawing?

And, how is this not a clear cut case? They were stomping on her face...she had a seizure. They ain't tickling her or just horsing around, there was murderous intent in their blows. Knife, gun, sword, or fist...all are capable of killing. However, it is not the weapon itself that designates good or evil, but the way in which they are used. In this case, the attackers did not pull a knife but does that mitigate their actions? "Oh, they are just punching her face with their girly fists, no problem here." ???

Old 04-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

jpan, you have to look at it that way though. what happens if you pull out your gun to neutralize a threat, not to shoot - and then someone else who has a gun pulls out their gun and points it at you. you are the one that took the situation from someone getting beat to people getting shot. you are then the one whose fault it is. therefore, when you draw your weapon, you must be willing to accept responsibility for the worst outcome - i.e. ending a life.

as for the warning shot - never in a million years should anyone fire a warning shot. warning shots ricochet (especially when inside of a building). you could end up killing an innocent bystander. and if you think pulling out your gun raises the level of the situation, imagine what a warning shot does.

generally, with criminals, you don't neutralize the situation because they are always willing to go farther than the law-abiding public

the best thing to do, is to take a concealed weapons permit class - they're usually taught by police or ex-police who know how the system works, and what generally happens in these type of situations. they shed good light on what to do and especially what not to do. it will really change the way you think if you have a good teacher. my class was taught by military intelligence, undercover atf, all with military expirience and local law enforcement expirience. it really changed the way i thought about it.

Old 04-23-2011, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
jpan, you have to look at it that way though. what happens if you pull out your gun to neutralize a threat, not to shoot - and then someone else who has a gun pulls out their gun and points it at you. you are the one that took the situation from someone getting beat to people getting shot. you are then the one whose fault it is. therefore, when you draw your weapon, you must be willing to accept responsibility for the worst outcome - i.e. ending a life.

as for the warning shot - never in a million years should anyone fire a warning shot. warning shots ricochet (especially when inside of a building). you could end up killing an innocent bystander. and if you think pulling out your gun raises the level of the situation, imagine what a warning shot does.

generally, with criminals, you don't neutralize the situation because they are always willing to go farther than the law-abiding public

the best thing to do, is to take a concealed weapons permit class - they're usually taught by police or ex-police who know how the system works, and what generally happens in these type of situations. they shed good light on what to do and especially what not to do. it will really change the way you think if you have a good teacher. my class was taught by military intelligence, undercover atf, all with military expirience and local law enforcement expirience. it really changed the way i thought about it.
I see and yeah you are right, since I have never even fired a weapon I may not understand it's reality. I will take the class as soon as possible!

Old 04-23-2011, 03:08 PM
Exclamation

You guys would all be great to have around if I was getting my face stomped on by two random people....

Old 04-23-2011, 03:26 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hey now, just because i wouldn't pull a firearm, doesn't mean i wouldn't do anything. i think most people would not just stand there and watch someone get beat to the point of siezure.

but stuff like that where people just stand there and watch makes me ill to my stomach.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
You guys would all be great to have around if I was getting my face stomped on by two random people....
Nate if 2 girls, one 18 and one 14, were beating you down you deserve the *** whupping

I wouldn't sit there eating my Big Mac and watch the show, no. When they went back at her after the first person got them off the vic is the point where they prove they intended to hurt the vic. But that still isn't intent to kill. Intent to kill would have been continuing to attack after the vic was disabled and seizing. That's the point where it would have become clear that lethal force would be justified.

And that's not because the law says so. A bullet weighs less than an ounce. And that's heavy enough to end a life and crush a soul.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012

Good discussion here on that mess , well for the most part

yep I wouldn't just stand around either best handled in
that instance by diversionary tactics such as throwing a
chair, large cup of soda and anything else you can lay
your hands on at them ,

be like haayyyy b!tches have a coke and a smile
as for the azz with the camera I think he'd be entitled
to an early Colo rectal screening with it....jk , but what
a brainless pu55y he was !

Drawing down in this situation would just be asking for
unnecessary aggravation where you'd wind up being
permanently attached to it from a legal standpoint

Save pulling a weapon for your own protection only
and if you do have to do that be 100% committed and
not the last one to the party if you know what I mean

Old 04-23-2011, 04:10 PM

Oh an Jpan:

Firing a warning shot would land you at least Manslaughter if you had to shoot someone later. A warning shot proves you had time to use other options, regardless of the necessity to kill later. My CHL instructor in Texas said emphatically to NEVER fire a warning shot for that reason.

You draw. You fire. You shoot to Kill

Old 04-23-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Nate if 2 girls, one 18 and one 14, were beating you down you deserve the *** whupping

Old 04-23-2011, 05:12 PM

Update - this bull**** was just in the news. The employee filming it was fired. 14 YO charged as juvenile. the 18 year old they are still discussing which charges they want to level against her.

Quick Reply: Violence in another Mc Donalds almost kills customer - What would you have done?