Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

8yr Old Boy Kills Himself With UZI

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8yr Old Boy Kills Himself With UZI

Sad Story...

Dad takes his 8yr old boy to a Shooting Range to fire an UZI (wtf is wrong with this guy?) Kid loses control and shoots himself in the face.

I believe in the right to bare arms, and that you should be properly trained on how to use a weapon. But his son was 8yrs old for gods sake.. shooting an automatic weapon?

All bad in my eyes...

Im a little confused the article says by law the kid couldnt even be on the firing line before 12yrs of age, But the Range gave him permission???

Click Here for News Link

(No gore, you guys thought I was going to put some twisted video up didnt you, its truely sad.)

I think the Father or Shooting Range needs some sort of punishment..

Old 11-15-2008, 11:44 PM
Default RE: 8yr Old Boy Kills Himself With UZI

i hate guns...

oh, and people in general.

Horrible...

Old 11-15-2008, 11:45 PM

It's an unfortunate event. When I was 12 I owned (well, technically my dad did, but I payed for it) an AK-47. Semi-auto.
Irresponsible, maybe, if he just handed his kid the gun and said have at it.... definitely. An automatic weapon is not a toy, and requires more skill to control than a semi-automatic weapon.
8 years old is too young, I suppose. I don't know about punishment, though. I mean hell, his kid just just got shot in the face with an uzi, how much more do you want to make the guy suffer? I think he's learned his lesson.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:46 PM

wow. how do they let an 8 yr old on the line......

Old 11-15-2008, 11:47 PM

If they can't legally buy it. Then they shouldn't be allowed to use it. I think his father should be charged with negligence. If it had been a powerfull sports car that he had driven/crashed, his father would have be in jail right now.
I could have been alot worse, the potential is there for him to have not only hurt himself, but to have accdentally hurt others.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:52 PM
RCR

Tragic accident.

Woulda, shoulda, coulda isn't bringing his son back. Im sure he will be living with that vision for the rest of his life. No need to press charges hehas already been convicted.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:53 PM

ORIGINAL: ta8218
I don't know about punishment, though. I mean hell, his kid just just got shot in the face with an uzi, how much more do you want to make the guy suffer? I think he's learned his lesson.
Maybe Child Endangerment? I know his father paid a price (his son paid the ultimate). But how bout the shooting range? If its 12+ to be on the firing line, shouldnt these guys be held responsible. I dont care "if he had permission" Laws are usually there for a reason.. so you dont put an 8yr old on the line with a automatic weapon for example.

If his father is that irresponsible.. maybe he should have his gun rights taken away?

Old 11-15-2008, 11:59 PM

ORIGINAL: ebinz88cane

I don't know about punishment, though. I mean hell, his kid just just got shot in the face with an uzi, how much more do you want to make the guy suffer? I think he's learned his lesson.
Maybe Child Endangerment? I know his father paid a price (his son paid the ultimate). But how bout the shooting range? If its 12+ to be on the firing line, shouldnt these guys be held responsible. I dont care "if he had permission" Laws are usually there for a reason.. so you dont put an 8yr old on the line with a automatic weapon for example.

If his father is that irresponsible.. maybe he should have his gun rights taken away?
All I'm saying is that unless he's got a serious screw loose in his head, what's jail time or taking away his freedoms going to do? Do you honestly think if he has another kid he's going to stick a gun in their hand? Hell, hes probably going to sell the damn thing. Huge mistake, tragic outcome, but seriously, I don't think there's much you can do to someone to make a message sink in that's stronger than losing a child.

Old 11-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Friend and Hero ...

Weapons are something that are looked upon in my line of work as tools of the trade I personally am a firm believer in the second amendment as an individual's right and have great respect for firearms and enjoy and admire a well built piece of hardware about the same way. Some individuals would admire and respect a well-built aircraft. Yes. Ohio University, that was directed at you. I understand the logic behind wanting to give this guy a break, but we as a nation can not afford to if he's let off the hookand the full weight of the laws not brought down upon him. Those limp wrist, liberals some of them just coming back into power from standing on the sidelines will once again be pushing for that same old doctrine of change, so no matter how unfortunate. The situation is, he should be prosecuted and punished to the fullest extent of the law we as a nation have volumes of Law already on the books in every state to deal with firearms violations. We just need to start enforcing them to the fullest extent and weed out those with less than good common sense

Old 11-16-2008, 12:03 AM

ORIGINAL: ebinz88cane

All I'm saying is that unless he's got a serious screw loose in his head, what's jail time or taking away his freedoms going to do? Do you honestly think if he has another kid he's going to stick a gun in their hand? Hell, hes probably going to sell the damn thing. Huge mistake, tragic outcome, but seriously, I don't think there's much you can do to someone to make a message sink in that's stronger than losing a child.
So you agree the Range should see some charges? I do.

Quick Reply: 8yr Old Boy Kills Himself With UZI