Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

VETERANS DAY

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VETERANS DAY

OK heres a little rant. I live in Knoxville, TN. Last week I helped my mom put up these ribbons downtown for Veterans Day, Yellow with purple for the veterans and for purple heart. Most of my family is or has been in the military. The city of Knoxville says they won't pay for the ribbons or pay to have them put up. So we say ok we'll do it ourselves. This saturday UT was beaten by LSU and these dicks from UT decided to rip them all down because they were the same colors as LSU. My moms calls me this morning at work crying says they were all gone, and then we find out it was a bunch of UT fans pissed because of the color. I swear to God I wish there was some way to find out who it was!!! Sorry for the rant, people act like dicks I hope there is video from some of the merchants survellance cameras for a tag # or something.

Old 11-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: VETERANS DAY

thats pretty stupid. i know it can be infuriating but unfortunately this kind of behavior is inevitable. always does suck to see someone bring down something you worked for, and in this case in which it stands for.

Old 11-06-2006, 05:40 PM

idiots

Old 11-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Retired Moderator

Sorry F2...that's bull****! Unfortunately, it can't be erased. Are you able to put up new ribbons? I know it's is a lot more work, but ultimately it would end up that your will prevailed.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:42 PM

Yes we are going to try my mom is making more, but I have to leave for Vegas Wed. morning for a trade show and I won't be back until next tues. I am going to try to hang them back up tomorrow night, but don't forget to goto your local vets. parade, show them your suport!!!

Old 11-06-2006, 09:39 PM

Sorry about that. What a bunch of ***********!!!! Let a m%^$erf&*%er do that around here. I take that to heart especially I am in the military.

Semper Fi F2

Old 11-06-2006, 10:00 PM

Ahh the glory of college football fans who become rowdy and do stupid things. While it sucks they did this I'm sure it had nothing to do with them hating the military or being disrespectful to those who served. At the same time it does suck that it happened. I served during the 1st gulf war 15 years ago and don't like this anymore than anyone else. But I think it was more of a college football prank gone wrong than anything else. Either way it shouldn't have happened!

Old 11-06-2006, 11:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stupid vols... go gators. we beat 'em both

Old 11-06-2006, 11:14 PM
Retired Administrator

Well, you have to look at what you are dealing with. Answer this truly before you read on... How many of you are Fans of something? Anything?

Now let's look at what a fan is:

Definitions of fanatic on the Web:

* marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea; "rabid isolationist"
* a person motivated by irrational enthusiasm (as for a cause); "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

Now who wants to call themselves a fan? I enjoy and follow sportbikes and MotoGP, but I'll never be a fan.

Fans are the types you see trampling each other in a soccer stadium for ... hell, I don't even want to think why.

You token of appreciation for Veterans was destroyed by drunken idiots. Don't lower yourself to their level by wishing you know who they were so you could deal with them.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:43 AM

Thanks for the replys, yeah I understand don't resort to violence and all, but if it was your Mom crying about it... its hard to control. She made new ones last night and more tonight my mom and wife and some friends are going to hang them tomorrow so they will be up before the parade. I have to leave for work in the morning. By the way if anyone is going to be or does live in Vegas send me a pm maybe we can gamble or hit a club. Thanks again guys. Support your Troops.