Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

in light of veterans day

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in light of veterans day

please post pictures of people you know past and present that have gave their time to protect our freedom, or if you are a vet post pictures of yourself or stuff from over seas.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:58 PM

I like the idea...

My dad, been in for about 28 yrs.

Horrible picture, but my bro and sis-in-law... I think she had 8 and he is at about 6.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:40 PM

Back row, in the middle during a funeral in which I was the folder on a 2 man flag fold(not easy what so ever, family watchin and you dont want to have to unfold and refold. I was 5/5 no failing for me.) as well as a rifleman and pall bearer. All photos below are during my first and second Iraq deployments (Oct 2006-Jan 2008, Jan 2009-Jan 2010)

Old 11-04-2010, 01:15 AM

My best friend:

2yrs into National Gaurd - Calvary Scout. I have many friends in the service but i got a bike because of this kid. We used to sit on the rockets at the dealerships when we were sixteen going man one day we gotta get these..... four years later on matching black '05 rr's

Old 11-04-2010, 03:56 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Too long ago, too many good friends gone..................
For my friend Tim, and all other Vets out there.

Attached Thumbnails in light of veterans day-parachute-regt..jpg  
Old 11-04-2010, 06:54 AM
Smile

this is the coolest cover ever on my ironworker mag. If any body knows about this guard of the tomb , the story is unreal, the guard (s) never leave this unattended , their uniform is perfect , and they take an oath not to drink or cuss, they take a 21 pace march in front of the tomb. And to all the VETERANS and armed personel , i thank you for your service and just know that there are those of us out there that hold the highest amount of respect for your service to our country. My family and i thank you.

Attached Thumbnails in light of veterans day-3333-014.jpg  
Old 11-04-2010, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by bambam
the story is unreal, the guard (s) never leave this unattended , their uniform is perfect , and they take an oath not to drink or cuss, they take a 21 pace march in front of the tomb.
I've been there and seen the changing of the guard. It is ridiculous how dedicated and meticulous the whole thing is.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by rocketsauce035
I've been there and seen the changing of the guard. It is ridiculous how dedicated and meticulous the whole thing is.
Ive been there and seen it to. They practice constantly. When they are not out there they are practicing. I prefer to do funeral detail, if I had the opportunity to do that I would though. No feeling like burying a fellow soldier with their loved ones right there.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:49 AM

Sgt. 1st Class W. Brian Woods Jr., of Jefferson County, Missouri passed away at age 31 at
Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Landstuhl, Germany, of wounds suffered when he was
shot August 14, while on patrol in Ghanzi, Afghanistan. He was killed while serving as a
Special Forces senior medical sergeant in Operation Enduring Freedom, assigned to the
United States Army, Company B, 2nd Battalion, Special Forces Group, (Airborne). Brian
leaves behind his wife, Elizabeth, and two young daughters, Lily (age 5) and Ella (age 8
months).

He was my ex brother in law and we all miss him alot....and FU*K those "god hates **** people"that came into my hometown and tryed to stop us from having a memeral service....and if any of you know/are patriot riders I say thanks

thanks for everything

RIP Brian...

Old 11-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rest in Peace, Brian, I knew many Airborne medics - dedicated, fine soldiers to a man. May his family find peace, and be well cared for, and may the Patriot Guard grow from strength to strength.

Quick Reply: in light of veterans day