Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ugliest Bike Ever PART 2 RUNNING

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ugliest Bike Ever update

Dude. If you can dismantle all those guns you have, lube them, then reassemble them. You can rebuild an engine.

I'm proving that with my vehicle engine and I only have 3 1/4 brain cells.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:12 PM

Is there a carfax report for motorcycles? I'd find a totalled bike. Even pampered bikes get totalled so you might find a super duper motor in a fudged up bike.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:15 AM
Banned

+1 on making a call to anyone you know that has a dealers license.

If you're even considering a track bike I would hang on to that spare. Did you get the other one, for $500? Man, you're gonnahave fun on that thing!

Old 04-27-2008, 10:20 AM

if you are planning on getting a motor anyway, i would rip that motor out and see if i could get to fixing it in the mean time. you may be surprised what you can accomplish when you put your mind to it! im sure you already know that tho...good luck!

Old 04-27-2008, 10:26 AM

Ya hardcorp. Put your dam mind to it already. Jeeeeeezzz!

Old 05-10-2008, 12:02 AM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

Dude. If you can dismantle all those guns you have, lube them, then reassemble them. You can rebuild an engine.

I'm proving that with my vehicle engine and I only have 3 1/4 brain cells.
Yeah, because an M4 is like exactly the same as an R1.
I suppose splitting the case is kind of like seperating the upper and lower receivers...
And removing the transmission is like... well... no... no they are nothing alike.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:12 AM

pull that motor, split the case and check to see if the shift forks aren't bent or the dog bones aren't bent. You could rebuild that tranny for less than 200 bucks. Quite honestly, unless you plan on stunting it, the fi is nice, but a finely tuned carbed engine is just as good. Remember, you only paid just so much for it. Get as much out of that small investment as possible.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:35 AM

Wow, awesome find! Congratulations and all that...Make it a track bike and try to get it fixed for as cheap as possible IMO. Great steal, good luck HC.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Friend and Hero ...
Default RE: Ugliest Bike Ever PART 2 RUNNING

It would have probably been better to post this over at Brand X. forum, but based on their lack of enthusiasm and participation on this type of threads. I decided I would stick with my favorite place of all to post the great news. Well I spent yesterday afternoon, taking a look at the R1 you guys are not going to believe this.. How About a $31 Fix. Take a look at the illustration. And then look at the photo below, the number 2 spring has been removed. But if you look closely at the PIC the sear has a spring attached to it, which rides on a PEN which is supposed to kick the sear back and forth. When you shift up and down the pen broke off. The portion of the pen that broke off, lodged in the bottom corner of the shift drum which jammed it from shifting. This is a $31 part. I manually move the shift drum into neutral, and she fired right up engaged the clutch and used a pair of needle nose pliers on the pins on the shifter drum star gear and shifted it through all 6 gears have also decided on a new set of fairings and have included a copy of a photo from the manufacturer. They are American-made supposedly and are from a company called Nice Cycles any input on really thinking about having the motor built

Old 05-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Default RE: Ugliest Bike Ever PART 2 RUNNING

where to go next. thats easy. tires. but be carfull this bike will make you ride to fast on the track. make sure to use the right amount of right hand twist with the right amount of lean... these bikes are not forgiving when it comes to leaning and gasing too much... big bore kit holy ****, youll be doing too many wheelies on accident ahha.

Quick Reply: Ugliest Bike Ever PART 2 RUNNING