Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ugliest Bike Ever PART 2 RUNNING

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008 | 07:04 AM
Default RE: Ugliest Bike Ever

$400!! That's a steal if I ever seen one, nice work! Hope it's something like a bend shift fork or something. Even if you have to put in $500-$1000 you'd still be well ahead. So are you going to turn it around or add to your collection?

Old 03-12-2008 | 08:11 AM

It's not an ugly bike and for $400.00 who cares. Good score man.

Old 03-12-2008 | 08:23 AM

haha, my very first bike was a 1981 kawasaki gpz 550 that I bought for $550, and that was just last year :-p It weighed about 450 lbs and put out 70hp...

awesome deal, have fun with it!

Old 03-12-2008 | 10:34 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

I had $400 and some change on me in cash and just made an off the cuff offer and he took it...
I've seen many a deal happen that way. You just never know, and no matter how much I tell people, they just don't get it... "cash talks." Everyone says, "well yeah, I know that." But they don't.

Very cool find man, you should start a tinkering thread and update it whenever ya geta chance, did that with my F3 and my 929, it's a lot of fun to look back on it in a couple of years.

Have fun!

Old 03-12-2008 | 10:40 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

I'd be happy to add "YZF-R1" to my daily ebay searches.
You don't know how happy you made me writing that! The girlfriend thinks I have a problem as I check eBay and Craigslist at least twice a day. I tell you what though, it has yyeilded me a very savvy shopper.

I have gained an uncanny ability in being able to accurately figure what a used bike will go for, lol - it's an advantage for sure.

Not to mention the amount of parts I have found and sold...

I'm going to shut up now before I ruin everything!

(P.S. Cool pics of the R1, very secksi bike and I've always loved the style. Every bit of it.)

On a side note - that's another thing I love about the R1's... they have always been R&D'd as a streetable racing bike. It shows in their decal/paint schemes. The R1's have always looked great, never an ugly year. Honda can't even say that!

Old 03-12-2008 | 11:20 AM

Good find. Tons of potential.

Old 03-12-2008 | 04:30 PM

You gonna join a Yamaha forum now?!?!

Keep us updated on what happens, I'd love to find a project like that. If not, you can piece it on Ebay and get a g for the frame alone if it has a clean title.

Old 03-13-2008 | 10:39 AM
|
Friend and Hero ...

No Yamaha forums in my future thinking about tracking her myself. And thank you Spirit for offering to keep an eye on eBay for me

Old 03-13-2008 | 12:23 PM

i want one! i would love to run into a deal like that! Nice Find HC

Old 03-13-2008 | 12:24 PM

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

But I Bought It

I was out today and ran into a guy and we got to talking and one thing led to the another. He was riding ZX 10 and said he had a 99 R1 with a bad transmission that he had been using for track days until the transmission broke and he was the original owner to make a long story short Iwent back over to his house rolled the bike off. Its either hung in fourth or fifth gear, but has plenty of power. According to the odometer. It has 8300 miles on it and it has a full body kit painted flat black however it does have a factory red upper fairing but there is also a a black headlight less one included all of the body panels are little rough, but nothing has a hole burn through it and apparently removed to work on the transmission. So I offered him $400 CASH and he signed the title over call the brother-in-law. And we carried it back over to his house
Hahaha Im sure you didnt carry it right? Although I must admit it really wouldnt supprise me.

Quick Reply: Ugliest Bike Ever PART 2 RUNNING