Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Track Days..

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Days..

I want to get started on some track days were exactly do I start.
I live in connecticut and want to rent the bike not use mine.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Default RE: Track Days..

I would also like to know where to go,I live in NY so it's close to conncticut but i would want to use my bike.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:32 PM

I want to go to, but I want to use your bike.

Old 01-25-2007, 11:46 PM

ORIGINAL: jasonb

want to rent the bike not use mine.
that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!!!! Why try to push the limits on a bike that you don't know?!?!?!?!?

The first rule at the track is PREDICTABILITY. The only way you're going to be predictable is to ride a machine that is predictable, you can't get that with a bike that isn't yours.

Anyway, the closest track is probably Loudon in NH. This may help:
http://cbrworld.net/forums/thread/80989.aspx

Find ones acceptably close to you and go to their web site and see who runs trackdays there. Then contact the trackday organizers.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:04 AM

find a copy of Roadracing World magazine, in every issue they have a schedule for every trackday/race org and school in the country
also order a copy of RRW's Track Day Directory & Riding Guide, its mostly "what to expect" kind of stuff but also has a great breakdown of all the schools/trackday orgs with prices, features, etc they don't have the 07 version out yet so the schedules won't help you but the information is good an they're only $4. I try to keep a few copies around to give away, its really good information.
definitely a MUST HAVE for anyone wanting to do trackdays:

you can get it here:
RRW Store

Old 01-26-2007, 01:17 AM

I don't know nor ever heard of a track that rents bikes to ride. goodluck on that one

Old 01-26-2007, 02:06 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have heard of programs on tracks that you can rent the bike.. i understand if you want to try it but not risk putting your own bike down but still you got to pay big deposit to rent in case of a crash.. i would rather ride a bike to the limits of one i know personally..

Old 01-26-2007, 02:19 AM

AZTrackday rents bikes.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:37 AM

most of the more expensive schools have bikes you can use (some require you to use their bikes) and there are some companies that do it to but if your just doing a trackday it would be ridiculous to not use your own bike. You shouldn't be pushing hard enough on your first trackday to crash your bike, take it easy. Learn from the instructors and have fun but don't try to break the lap record. Just remember, your not ROSSI (wait a minute...) your not HAYDEN! (ahhh that feels better...)
point is, track riding is an addictive sport and chances are your not going to just do one so get used to using your own bike, if nothing else you'll get to know your bike that much better.

the logic behind schools renting bikes is not so you don't have to risk crashing your own bike, they do that to eliminate the possibility of you losing track time due to mechanical problems or having set-up issues. Also they have EXTRA bikes so if you crash one or one has a problem, you can hop on another bike and be back out. if your renting a bike at a regular trackday, most likely they won't have an extra bike or a team of mechanics to fix any problems you may have. Plus at a normal trackday, you don't have $2,000+ invested in a single day, so its not such a catastrophe if you have a mechanical problem. In fact NESBA has a crash policy that will give you a partial credit if you crash at one of their trackdays and they will even work with you if you have a mechanical problem and can't continue the day (don't ask how I know that lol...)

actually I was never really interested in trackdays. A bunch of people (abad being one of them) on another board talked about it a lot and everybody was talking about how great going to the track was, etc. I figured it'd be a good way to kill a weekend and I could say I had done it and never really think about going to the track again...
Literally the night I got back home from that first trackday I went straight to my computer and started selling off my F4i's street parts and started buying race plastics and other goodies. Actually quit riding on the street for about a year lol.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:53 AM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

A bunch of people (abad being one of them) on another board talked about it a lot and everybody was talking about how great going to the track was, etc.
Woohoo!!!!!

Seems kind of odd that there isn't as much of a track presence on this board as others.

Quick Reply: Track Days..