Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Throttle cables help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle cables help?

I installed new throttle cables. I did everything correctly. Routed everything the way it should be. The throttle doesn't return. It has no snap. I couldn't find any threads on installing throttle cables...Any advice would be appriciated!

Old 01-09-2011, 10:19 AM

How much free play do you have? Or can you get?

Old 01-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Pm me and ill shoot you.my number and you can give me a call, I had the same problem but got mine fixed or send me some pictures of the new throttle cables and ill highlight the areas that you can adjust your cables and also send me a picture of how you routed them the slightest kink or bend could.make it not return but its hard to say with out seeing it

P.s did you get your seat issue worked out I have mine for sale since I did a tail swap and have no use for it now

Old 01-09-2011, 11:16 PM

Thanx for advice guys! I figured it out. As many of you know. The 1996 900RR model, is equiped with a push/pull cable system. The push cable was the problem. Routing had nothing to do with it.
After getting advice from my mechanic buddy, we figured out that after market throttle push cables can be a problem. My only dissapointment is that the faulty cable was made by, MOTION PRO. One of my favorite cable makers. Top of the line in my book. Sh#% happens, I guess!
Well, after pulling my hair out and kicking and screaming, LoL. I re-installed the old push and walla, it works...My buddy (M.C.Mechanic) shared his opinion. He said, "sometimes those push cables get in the way, I just toss them". Well, I decided it's something I can live without and tossed mine in the garbage. I actually feel less friction without two cables and a snappier feeling. Running Great!!! One Pull Cable.