CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   in these times... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/these-times-78581/)

thirdgenlxi 09-20-2008 10:55 PM

RE: in these times...

ORIGINAL: jaynd

i cant sell mine even if i needed to. its my daily transportation and its cheaper than anything else i could get (as far as four wheels would go)
+1 same here!! I wouldn't sell mine unless it was completely necessary and a very last resort. It's my daily transportation too, and having had a 70 mile/day commute, and gas prices the way they are, it was the cheapest way to go. Though I no longer have the commute, as I just moved the other day, 30 miles closer to work. So that cut my daily commute from 70 miles/day down to 10 miles/day. But still, I just couldn't sell my baby.... probably wouldn't be able to get anything for her anyways unless I parted it out

jaynd 09-21-2008 08:57 AM

^ lmao Jared, people get scared when a bike has 30k miles........LOOK AT YOUR ODOMETER!!!! that thing aint going ANYWHERE, chief! but w/ the miles you have and the blood, sweat, and twistys you've shared w/ that thing........you gotta keep'er till her dying day. thats why my F4i is still in my garage :).

Nauree 09-21-2008 05:46 PM

Treasury wants to bail out foreign banks.

I'm kinda wondering at this point if I should withdraw all my green rectangles from the bank, take out a bunch of loans, get a crap load of credit cards and buy a ton of gold before the dollar is worthless.

RedRider07 09-21-2008 06:53 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

Selling my CBR to get a Ducati is a beautiful thing. Then later the Duc will go for an MV.
If I had the money I would be getting a Brutale in a heartbeat.

No, I would probably pick up an extra job to pay for the bike before selling it. In fact, I am going to have to work my ass off to afford my bike on top of tuition.

jaynd 09-22-2008 07:49 PM

well i feel like im very close to the point of having to sell. i've had'er for just over two months and it may be time to part. things are getting so expensive and the bike is the only place i can save money, if i sold it. yet, my truck would cost so much more in gas and maintinance.........*sigh*...................look for it in a craigslist add near you :(

ynks4evr 09-22-2008 08:07 PM

^^^NOOO, not sure what kind of truck you have or whether it is a work necessity for you but you could always sell the truck and get something cheaper cause it sounds like all you need it for is going to the grocery store haha

jaynd 09-22-2008 08:13 PM

man the truck is a '93 Toyota T-100/beater p.o.s. i wouldnt sell it b/c i wouldnt get **** for it. all it gets used for in all honesty is if its cold or calling for rain my g/f uses it to go to/from school and work. i dont use the truck really. insurance is dirt cheap for it.......really no point in selling it.

im just really watching my account dwindle down and i dont know where else to cut back other than using the bike to strictly commute and no more joy riding until things get better but i dont see THAT making a huge difference.

price of the barrel went up another $20 today, thats $20 in ONE day! i think America is close to looting and rioting, honestly.

$6k, who wants it?!