Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

in these times...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 04:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default in these times...

who's HONESTLY SERIOUSLY thinking about selling thier prized possesion....their CBR?

im reading thread after thread after thread of people saying their bike is now up on craigslist.com. sucks to hear these things as we all know how me we love riding. i hope things get better, for everyone and we stop seeing these posts.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: in these times...

I'm REALLY close to selling mine but I'm working on the Ducati dealer here trying to get a red 848 down to $14,000 OTD. As soon as I get a deal workked out then it's going up on CL.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my CBR, but have owned a sh*t load of bikes over the years & there are quite a few that I never thought I'd part with, but did (& some I was glad to see the back of). The thing I like about a new bike is, A New Bike, Sure I'm a shallow bastard. Maybe the only solution would be to kill my wife for the insurance (or fake my own demise for the same reason) & buy a garage full, like some of the lucky funts on this forum.
The CBR I had for longest of all my others, but if I was given a chunk of change I'd be sorely tempted. However in saying that, I don't miss not having a bike every couple of years, The Honda is a beautifull piece of kit & I'm happy to have one.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

ORIGINAL: jaynd
who's HONESTLY SERIOUSLY thinking about selling thier prized possesion....their CBR?
im reading thread after thread after thread of people saying their bike is now up on craigslist.com. sucks to hear these things as we all know how me we love riding. i hope things get better, for everyone and we stop seeing these posts.
Not if hell froze over , the planet stopped rotating , if the poms came back to run the country or the misses was starving..........

Never mate .. take a good look at my pic mate .. !! I am, one bad *** enthusiast ...[8D]

If I ever get that far into the **** ...The last thing I own will be my CBR ... you may think that, that is a bit over the top, but if you do, you do not know me very well !!!

I have always loved my rides mate... But the CBR is very very special for reasons that I have mentioned a few times in here ....
AMEN! I dont give a damn how bad things get, my bike will NEVER be something I'm without, EVER. its basically my significant other, and besides my dog, the only thing in life that I'm truly happy with at all, no way in hell will I sell it.

I'd sooner go homeless and live on it under a cover somewhere than to sell it.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:14 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Amen, + a million or two.
There's only one way you get the keys for my bike..........................
FROM MY COLD, DEAD HAND.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:59 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Just now I am not working and money is getting really tight .. my bike is smacked up and parked down the side of the cottage, I have no money to fix it other than piece meal over the winter ... I am still bruised from a crash last week, my remaining family have told me if I dont give it up they are done with me :-( ... its not just a bike, its a life style and a part of your identity ..my bike has other deeper meanings for me too ..my dad was a biker of 40 years and rode right up until a few weeks before he died, he taught me everything I know ... when I take that bike out I am kinda with him still in some way ..after everything that has happened to me I am still NOT letting go of my bike ...

I guess I am going to be pretty lonely for a while ...

Jules

Quick Reply: in these times...